Alverchurch FA Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alverchurch FA Cup

Post by 410viawednesbury » 16 Sep 2023, 19:47

Having watched all the home games, so far, there's no-one
to fear in this league! If we have this mentality then......who knows.
Bring on the wrestler!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Sep 2023, 20:20

Thought about him during todays game. Be interesting to see how he performs.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 16 Sep 2023, 20:26

We really should put these games to bed. 5-0 up after 67 minutes. Rubbish.............

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 16 Sep 2023, 20:50

Alvechurch have always been one of those teams that always show us up, however, on that performance, we looked light years ahead of them.

Commanding performance, exploited their weaknesses well, mixed things up nicely in the play, and the result was never in doubt. We could afford to miss some gilt-edged chances and leak two soft goals at the end without it even making the slightest bit of difference.

We are in such good form and have so much momentum that we really do need to try and make this our year for the FA Cup. No team will want to face us at the moment, here’s hoping for another home draw in the next round.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 16 Sep 2023, 21:05

Thought it could have been a bit of 'after the lord mayors show' after the occasion on Tuesday but no chance, the boys were right on it.
Really impressed with the Haywood/Parker combination in the middle, so much energy both going forward and defending.
Holmes seems so much happier supplying passes to set players free and mini showed his qualities today.
Glad Miracle got a goal in the end- after he could have easily had 4 in the first half. good it didnt affect him and he keeps going.

Was thinking after he missed that header if of all the goals we have scored so far have any been headers? Cant think of any.

Well done lads and bring on a home tie in the next round

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 16 Sep 2023, 21:16

I think you’re right. Yet to score a header this season.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 17 Sep 2023, 10:50

Scribbler wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 19:08
Job done, good overall performance.. we’re in the draw for the next round… on another day it could and should have been 9-0 … really must up the chances to goals ratio , and put games to bed as they didn’t pose any sort of threat all game and ended up scoring two, where it should have been a clean sheet…. In my opinion….. if we are to press on and be there or there abouts in the promotion race , come the end of the season, we have to set high standards to achieve that goal… and from what we’ve seen so far, apart from Mickleover, should fear nobody….. just need to sharpen things up, play for 90 mins in coming matches, as they will be tougher than today’s opponents……. Well done today and hopefully a good cup run …
No way, you serious? Are you ever fully happy with anything LOL

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 17 Sep 2023, 16:29

https://t.co/n2sFTTYSA4
Proved to be the end for Ian Long

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 18 Sep 2023, 14:51

I’ll be over the moon , if we get promoted from this league 😃 which is quite achievable,on what we’ve seen up to now…. There will be tougher games to come and if you scrape a point, when you don’t deserve one in a game…. I’m very happy with that 😊 … if you drop two points in a game where you’ve dominated… I’m not happy with that 😩 as I do believe in all honesty we can get promoted, come the end of the season 👍 but the hard work to do that , and the mentality to achieve that , has to start now…. In every game… and I’ll be on cloud nine , if we achieve that 👍🤞🥳

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 18 Sep 2023, 22:27

Simons wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:29
https://t.co/n2sFTTYSA4
Proved to be the end for Ian Long
So Long