Alverchurch FA Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alverchurch FA Cup

Post by DJ » 20 Sep 2023, 00:44

Emirates FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round – Saturday, 16th September 2023

Halesowen Town 5 Alvechurch 2

Majestic McKauley Manning stole the show with a high quality hat-trick as five-star Halesowen overwhelmed Southern League rivals Alvechurch to book a 3rd Qualifying Round home tie against Enfield Town, write Nick Pullen & DJ.

The margin of victory could have been much more but Yeltz striker Miracle Okafor squandered numerous openings to beat Alvechurch goalkeeper Dale Eve and put the result out of sight before half time.

MANNING opened his account on nine minutes when he swept home a low shot from the edge of the penalty area from a well worked Jack Holmes cross from the left. Home goalkeeper Dan Platt made a flying 23rd minute save to keep out Josh Dugmore’s fierce 25 yard shot. Further chances for Okafor went begging, the best of which was a free header with the goal at his mercy from Jak Hickman’s pin-point cross on the half-hour mark.

Following good defending from Ryan Wynter, Todd Parker found Okafor to flick on a header and set MANNING clear for his second goal on 37 minutes. Full back Reece MITCHELL then thundered home his first Halesowen goal to make it 3-0 on 50 minutes and knock the stuffing out of Alvechurch to put the issue beyond doubt.

Magical MANNING completed his hat-trick after 64 minutes by curling home from the right at the end another terrific move with a great flick from Holmes. OKAFOR finally opened his account on 67 minutes when he cut inside and struck a low shot inside the post to make it 5-0.

Alvechurch kept going and converted a couple of late consolation goals, Jack CONCANNON cracking home on 79 minutes before substitute Ross EVANS reacted first to a free kick for a second goal deep into stoppage time.

Yeltz Manager Paul Smith thought it was a good performance. “We created numerous chances but didn’t take a large enough proportion of those. We dominated large parts of the game but I’m disappointed to concede two goals, it’s sloppy. But we’re playing some lovely stuff at times and all that matters is to get through and into the hat on Monday.”

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt (c); Jak Hickman, Reece Mitchell, Todd Parker, Ryan Wynter, Luke Redfern, Kieren Donnelly, Nathan Hayward (Caine Elliott 56), Miracle Okafor (Ryan Boothe 70), Jack Holmes, McKauley Manning (Richard Gregory 70). Subs Not Used: Kieran Morris, Joshua Ezewele, George Cater.

Alvechurch: Dale Eve; Ben Cassidy, Akanni Akinwe, Jack Hallahan, Ethan Patterson (Kobe Chong 46), Abel Alabi, Kai George, Joshua Dugmore (c) (Mackenzie Lamb 68), Jaanai Gordon, Jack Concannon, Dylan Allen-Hadley (Ross Evans 56). Subs Not Used: Corey Cooper, Charlie Emeryh.

Referee: Elliott Haddrell Attendance: 1,157
Booked: Dugmore (41), Gordon (52)
Tulleys Print HTFC Man of the Match selected by Paul and Alfie Guest: McKauley Manning

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 20 Sep 2023, 15:44

Scribbler wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 14:51
I’ll be over the moon , if we get promoted from this league 😃 which is quite achievable,on what we’ve seen up to now…. There will be tougher games to come and if you scrape a point, when you don’t deserve one in a game…. I’m very happy with that 😊 … if you drop two points in a game where you’ve dominated… I’m not happy with that 😩 as I do believe in all honesty we can get promoted, come the end of the season 👍 but the hard work to do that , and the mentality to achieve that , has to start now…. In every game… and I’ll be on cloud nine , if we achieve that 👍🤞🥳
Has to start now? It's already started from game one of this season hasn't it?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Sep 2023, 22:16

Yeltzbaby wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 15:44
Scribbler wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 14:51
I’ll be over the moon , if we get promoted from this league 😃 which is quite achievable,on what we’ve seen up to now…. There will be tougher games to come and if you scrape a point, when you don’t deserve one in a game…. I’m very happy with that 😊 … if you drop two points in a game where you’ve dominated… I’m not happy with that 😩 as I do believe in all honesty we can get promoted, come the end of the season 👍 but the hard work to do that , and the mentality to achieve that , has to start now…. In every game… and I’ll be on cloud nine , if we achieve that 👍🤞🥳
Has to start now? It's already started from game one of this season hasn't it?
Well I dunno about you lot, but Im buggered if I can work out what the missus is thinking, let alone anyone else. 😔