Long Eaton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Long Eaton Updates

Post by juanillo » 27 Aug 2023, 10:27

drummyb wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 21:15
I think its fair to say, they'll be the whipping boys based on early form. A bit like Yaxley last year. I just feel sorry for clubs like that tbh.
They have been promoted in consecutive seasons with 2 play off penalty shoot out wins last season, so they've been on a big upward curve and maybe it's too steep.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2023, 11:59

I actually didn't think they were that bad. Played the ball around nicely and gave us a few problem upfront. Could easily have had a couple themselves. Defensively we carved them open but we did play really well with all our midfield being used as attacking options. I think Paul had set us up really well to exploit their weaknesses. They may well struggle but they are far better than some of the dross we encountered last season.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2023, 12:01

Talking to one of their chaps before the game he said they lost the manager days before the start of the season and 10 players followed. So probably going to take a while for them to settle anyway

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Aug 2023, 21:18

It was pleasing yesterday in the sense that on previous occasions when the team has been changed with the next game in mind we have perhaps fell short of getting the outcome we have wanted. I think with all of the changes yesterday each of those players had something to prove. Redfern in particular impressed me, he reads the game well, anticipates situations and he was very composed on the ball, I can't recall him hoofing the ball all game and his passing out from the back was excellent. Doing my research on him the lad will have played against some very good players when at Stoke having played 13 times in Premier League 2 against the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Middlesborough and Leeds, I see he also played a few games for them at RB.
With Eze, Hawks and Elliot not even in the squad yesterday and Morris and Sim not featuring, Parker, Miracle, Gregs, Mini and Jack being saved of playing 90minutes we can go into Monday with a pretty fresh looking team I'm sure. Whether Telford can do the same I'm unsure but once again we appear to be playing a team with something to prove after their defeat yesterday. I do expect tomorrow to be our biggest test yet, but I'm confident we can do well.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 27 Aug 2023, 21:48

Rob and Andy always as honest as ever always seem to pick the words out of my mouth. Good to see Donnelly back for 90 mins always a goal threat out wide and a certain starter for me when available only negative I have at the moment is delivery from set pieces is it something there working on or all are corners going over or past last man at back post most of the time mostly from hickman.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2023, 22:20

Dazzie76 wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 21:48
Rob and Andy always as honest as ever always seem to pick the words out of my mouth. Good to see Donnelly back for 90 mins always a goal threat out wide and a certain starter for me when available only negative I have at the moment is delivery from set pieces is it something there working on or all are corners going over or past last man at back post most of the time mostly from hickman.
Interesting to hear Paul's analysis re Donnelly. He feels he was a tad rusty, but I'm with you, my MOTM.