Spalding updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spalding updates

Post by Rich » 02 May 2023, 20:20

Finally managed to grab a few minutes (and computer) to reflect on Saturday.

Have to say to a man they gave everything. No player to me had a poor game.
Thought it was going to be one of those days but having been through it 3 times with Grimsby last season with extra time and late goals I should have kept faith.
The worldie save from Platty and header off the line from KD kept us in it and again the energy from the bench made the difference.

Loved the tackle from Hayward that won us the ball back for the winner, that just typified him the past few weeks. A bit of Holmes magic and no surprise who was lurking.

Must say thought the number 5 for Spalding was outstanding. Not seen a player so dominant in the air for a good while. We just had no answer to him. Also thought their number 6 had a really good game.

Very hard one but my MOM was Kelly.
Hope guys get a good rest now and we will see how many put on the shirt next season.

Well done to Smithy, the players and all backroom staff especially Karen who I saw running all over the place in the first half as I believe someone had collapsed. Hope all was ok?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 02 May 2023, 21:51

The guy who collapsed was the Spalding secretary. He spent the early evening in Russell’s Hall but got home at midnight. He sent a fantastic letter not only thanking the attention from our back room staff but also offering heartfelt congratulations on our win….nice bloke so glad he’s OK

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 04 May 2023, 16:48

old git wrote:
02 May 2023, 21:51
The guy who collapsed was the Spalding secretary. He spent the early evening in Russell’s Hall but got home at midnight. He sent a fantastic letter not only thanking the attention from our back room staff but also offering heartfelt congratulations on our win….nice bloke so glad he’s OK
Blimey! They were going down like Arsenal centre forwards. There was also a young woman who collapsed behind the Stourbr*dge Rd goal in the first half looking like she was having an epileptic fit. She was helped by a mixture of the Spalding fans and Yeltz stewards (I think) and seemed to recover quite quickly.
Hopefully she was okay.