Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by 410viawednesbury » 26 Apr 2023, 07:40

Well done to the team, management, staff and volunteers. A great night to watch football with a brilliant atmosphere.
Roll on Saturday!

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 26 Apr 2023, 08:45

It didn't feel like it at the time, as I was wracked with nerves, but looking back we were in complete control of the game, other than a 5-10 min spell immediately following an undeserved Coleshill goal. It was a hard working and professional display. The kind of performance I expect from this group of players, and one that has come at the perfect time.

I loved the tone of Paul Smith's interview. Very much a 'nothing to celebrate - it's only half time' message. That's spot on and exactly what is needed. The job is only half done, but if we repeat that level of effort and go into the Saturday with the same mentality as last night, we won't be too far away.

No player had a bad game, but I thought Nat Kelly and Manning were excellent. However, I want to single out Hayward as the stand out player. He was phenomenal all match. I can't think of many better performances from a single player, than what I saw last night, in my ten years of attending. Maybe that has a little recency bias to it, but I believe he was that good. I'm willing to be shot down for that opinion!

On to Saturday. It could be some day! ;D ;D

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 26 Apr 2023, 08:59

Superb performance to a man last night and agree Hayward was immense.
For all the nervy moments I cant recall Platty making a save??
Play like that Saturday and we wont be far away from promotion.
Well done lads ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Apr 2023, 10:24

Yep, Hayward was immense. Shout to both centre halves as well. As others have said we need the same level of intensity Saturday, and maybe even more! We need to batter them into submission. One last shot at it. Come on boys!
Nerves shredded....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Apr 2023, 20:13

Must add the Yeltz TV highlights (with commentary) are absolutely excellent. Thank you.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Apr 2023, 23:37

Although certain individuals have rightly been mentioned I think every player contributed to the win, it's not often I can recall 2 or 3 keys things every player did during the game - the exception probably Platty in that even in their best spell he had little to do.

The early goal was obviously helpful, and their strategy of 'turning us round' was a ploy to have us attack the shed second half really backfired on them as it lifted the team attacking the shed so early whilst the adrenlin was pumping for both players and fans.
It was noticeable also they didn't shithouse as much as normal, not sure if that was due to them thinking that would perhaps lift the crowd more or with it being a cup tie type game they had to try and out play us I don't know.
To a man we were excellent, as was the crowd, hopefully the win will give us the confidence to take into Saturday which again will be a tough game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 27 Apr 2023, 08:43

andy wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 20:13
Must add the Yeltz TV highlights (with commentary) are absolutely excellent. Thank you.
Agree with that Andy. Watched it last night and thought the quality was befitting of a pro-club with a big media budget.

Well done to the Yeltz TV team. You did yourselves and the club proud :)