Re: Stamford Updates

Post by andy » 22 Apr 2023, 22:12

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 21:37
andy wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 21:20
Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 21:07
But we're the best team in the play-offs and with two home games we've got the chance to show it. We're going up.
I think I agree. Or maybe I don't. I have no f'ing idea the way this season has gone. What I do know is, on current form Khalsa and Coleshill are 3rd and 4th, while us and Spalding are 7th and 9th. Make of that what you will.
You know what they say about form...
....it goes out the window
there's another window
and beneath that window.... ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Apr 2023, 22:41

But as Bill Gates said..."Fook me Im minted "

Which is the windows chime

Solly39
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Solly39 » 24 Apr 2023, 12:30

410viawednesbury wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 19:46
Desperately need goals on Tuesday and just that bit of creativity from midfield, then we might just have something.
Someone in a 10 role was needed today as I felt that there was too much space between the midfield and forwards thus helping to link up play more effectively.
I'll be interested to see the line up for Tuesday.
Good luck and here we go...............again!
Must have been watching a different game to me as it was quite apparent Manning started as the No.10 v Stamford. 10s can often cheat in that role and believe they are mere supporting strikers but Mac does the dirty stuff too (hence the gap perhaps?), but i thought he had a decent game in that role.

Big game tomorrow night and i don't believe Coleshill will arrive at the Grove waiting for their belly to be tickled as they did in March. I'm expecting far more shithousery from them.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 24 Apr 2023, 19:27

Solly39 wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 12:30
410viawednesbury wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 19:46
Desperately need goals on Tuesday and just that bit of creativity from midfield, then we might just have something.
Someone in a 10 role was needed today as I felt that there was too much space between the midfield and forwards thus helping to link up play more effectively.
I'll be interested to see the line up for Tuesday.
Good luck and here we go...............again!
Must have been watching a different game to me as it was quite apparent Manning started as the No.10 v Stamford. 10s can often cheat in that role and believe they are mere supporting strikers but Mac does the dirty stuff too (hence the gap perhaps?), but i thought he had a decent game in that role.

Big game tomorrow night and i don't believe Coleshill will arrive at the Grove waiting for their belly to be tickled as they did in March. I'm expecting far more shithousery from them.
It's all about opinions and that's yours, fair play, but I maintain at times the gap between the midfield and the strikers was sizeable. Your right, Mac is a great player but if we were set up so Mac didn't have to do the tracking back and have someone like Turton or Hayward in front of the back four doing the dirty side of it allowing Mac to be more further forward picking out passes to whoever is up front.
Roll on tomorrow and hopefully no repeat of last season🤞🏻

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Apr 2023, 19:51

I'm sure we'll see (yet) another line up and system tomorrow. Saturday's side was definitely a cut-and-shut, as was Stamford's.

Hopefully a back four and HH's beloved double pivot.