Chasetown Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by andy » 15 Apr 2023, 16:27

I'm fairly sure their sub keeper is an outfield player and we've given him nothing to do. All Chasetown. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Apr 2023, 16:29

Manning and Holmes replace Gregory and Donnelly.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Apr 2023, 16:48

Spalding 4 up and now have a better GD than us.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Apr 2023, 17:02

FT 0 - 0.
Last match decider for 2nd spot.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Apr 2023, 17:12

Us old 'uns will need BP monitors next Saturday!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 15 Apr 2023, 17:36

In all honesty at the start of the season Id settle with that score. At the business end its ok but meh. Personally there is no prize for finishing second given who 3rd and 4th places look to be. If we're good enough we will go up and if we dont we havent been.
Cant comment on the game cos I was at work

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Apr 2023, 18:23

Last week Josh asked if we could finish 3rd in a 2 horse race again. Simple answer, yes. How we are finishing the season needing to beat the champions to finish second is beyond me. If there's a hard way to do it we'll find it. First half today I think both teams forgot what was at stake, second half Chasetown remembered and battered us. Only woeful finishing and wonderful last ditch defending stopped them from hitting 4 or 5. I suppose it could be said that at least we did defend that point, but going forward we created nothing until the last minute. Never until that point did we test a stand in goalkeeper. We couldn't retain the ball all afternoon and substitutions made no difference. Aside from the last ditch defending to preserve a point I'm not sure I can take a single positive to cling to for the looming play offs. I hope next Saturday changes that.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 15 Apr 2023, 18:28

I hope so too. I suspect if we dont go up there will be a lot more angry people about town.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 15 Apr 2023, 19:09

andy wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 18:23
second half Chasetown remembered and battered us. Only woeful finishing and wonderful last ditch defending stopped them from hitting 4 or 5. I suppose it could be said that at least we did defend that point, but going forward we created nothing until the last minute. Never until that point did we test a stand in goalkeeper. We couldn't retain the ball all afternoon and substitutions made no difference. Aside from the last ditch defending to preserve a point I'm not sure I can take a single positive to cling to for the looming play offs. I hope next Saturday changes that.
This has been a worry for me the last few games.
Take today as they had to win where as we didnt want an injury and gave the gaffer a chance to try things.
As long as we sort it for the play offs I can take it but I really feel whatever league we find ourselves in next season we need to splash out on a striker like Margetts for example

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 15 Apr 2023, 19:16

For me and its entirely personal and opinion, I was a fan of three up top. Now Im not convinced. We've tried it the last two games to my knowledge. I prefer Sim and Gregs, but Insall also banged in a couple recently as part of a front two.
Toughie.