Coleshill Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by Rich » 01 Apr 2023, 20:28

drummyb wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 20:13
Rich, that said...I thought Platty played sweeper/mopping up first half superbly ;)
Agreed
Must have been something discussed as not seem him play that role before this season.
I certainly felt slightly nervous though as he was doing it :o ;)

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 01 Apr 2023, 20:30

Would also like to mention groundstaff again
Think we take them for granted but pitch was in excellent condition considering all this weeks rain

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 02 Apr 2023, 00:20

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 1st April 2023

Halesowen Town 2 Coleshill Town 0

Second placed Halesowen hit two goals in four minutes to overcome play-off chasing Coleshill and secure their play-off place mathematically, writes DJ.

Delighted Yeltz manager Paul Smith - on his first home game since returning – insisted: “I thought we controlled the game from start to finish and they didn’t really lay a glove on us on a pleasing day at the office. We won our battles, though they made it difficult to break them down at times. We have strength in depth and that will serve us well in the games to come.”

There were few clearcut chances in the first period although a 29th minute cross from Josh Ezewele was headed behind by Coleshill defender Liam Molesworth and from the resulting corner a header from captain Rob Evans brought a fine reaction save from veteran Coleshill goalkeeper Paul Hathaway. Kieren Donnelly then cut in to fire just wide in the 32nd minute and a minute later Donnelly played the ball across for Simeon Cobourne to send in a blocked effort and see his follow-up shot saved by Hathaway. Just before the interval Coleshill’s Chris Lait shot straight at home goalkeeper Dan Platt and Ewan Williams struck over the home bar.

But the Yeltz soon wrapped up the points early in the second half. Cobourne chased a long 53rd minute ball down the right wing and his low cross was slammed home by Jamie INSALL from close range to put Halesowen ahead. Cobourne’s 57th minute header from Jak Hickman’s right-wing cross was then saved by Hathaway, but COBOURNE followed up to bundle home Halesowen’s second goal. With Halesowen’s confidence growing, Donnelly burst forward in the 68th minute but his shot was blocked.

The beaten Colemen continued to battle away in the final stages and home goalkeeper Platt cut out an 86th minute cross from Amarvir Sandu before Kai Tonge planted an inviting injury-time free header straight at Platt.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Tom Turton, Kieran Morris, Rob Evans (c), Kieren Donnelly (Jac Redhead 85), Nathan Hayward, Jamie Insall, Simeon Cobourne (Richard Gregory 67), Jak Hickman (Robbie Bunn 61). Subs Not Used: Nat Kelly, McKauley Manning.

Coleshill Town: Paul Hathaway; Liam Molesworth, Amarvir Sandu, Harry Higginson, Taylor Byrne, Ewan Williams, Kai Tonge, Josh Willis (Frazer Doyle 75), Chris Lait (Gio Dainty 61), Alex Tomkinson (Vidal Hendrickson 70), George Washbourne (c). Subs Not Used: Niall Rowe, Kyle Jardine.

Referee: James Tewson Attendance: 1,105
Booked: Quaynor (50), Gregory (74)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by the Yeltz Charity Game: Jamie Insall
Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Josh Ezewele (Halesowen)

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 02 Apr 2023, 12:39

HalesowenHarry wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 17:02
15 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss

#justsayin 8)
Is that smudgers record, whats not to like. Played well yesterday and NEVER looked or felt like we would lose that game at any time - which is a BIG difference from a few games ago. Well done all

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Apr 2023, 09:08

I think he's referring to Turton and Hayward in the team togethet.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 03 Apr 2023, 09:52

drummyb wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:08
what he said ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Apr 2023, 12:13

drummyb wrote:
But he's never mentioned it.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Apr 2023, 17:30

YeltzDoc wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 12:13
drummyb wrote:
But he's never mentioned it.
Everyone's wise after the event ;)