Dereham Town away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dereham Town away

Post by drummyb » 26 Mar 2023, 15:15

Josh1873 wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:52
A much improved performance AND attitude. I enjoyed watching us play, which I haven't been able to say for a good while.

I'm not sure a change in manager should be needed in order motivate the players to put in a shift, but here we are. It's a start.

Hayward was easily man of the match - he was superb. No one had a bad game.
Ahhh. I thought young Oscar looked a bit out sorts at times but I put that down to being effectively new again. The lad is undoubtedly talented.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Mar 2023, 20:28

A pleasing win, the penalty on the stroke of half time was crucial really. We had a strong wind behind us in the first half and Dereham really struggled to get out with our high press, we had a quite a few chances that could/should have made the game safe for us and at 1-0 I was a little worried that we could face a very different second half when we had to kick into the wind. The penalty on the stoke of half time that was coolly put away by Gregs really helped us have that little bit of breathing space. The Donnelly goal not long after half time was perfect timing, and much needed as it killed any real chance of a fightback from Dereham. It was pleasing particularly in the second half that we didn't let the wind become a factor as we kept the ball down to play, and I don't recall Platty having to do anything out of the order.
Now onto that horrible lot on Saturday, there is nothing they would like more that to come and put the knife in - time to for the quality to show - we could do with winning - and winning well.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 27 Mar 2023, 15:07

piearce9 wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 09:19
JohnC wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 20:58
The teams should be entered from the hand written team sheets exchanged with the match official.
I have a question, sir.

FWP is pretty awesome now, as it gives you the live scores from around the grounds.

But are the club under obligation to update it? Or is it just something that everyone does voluntarily?

(OK that was sorta two questions.)
The home team has to enter the data. It's a league requirement.

The league website pulls data through such as result, attendance and goal scorers. I believe the league also gain other data from it.