Shepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shepshed Updates

Post by Dazzie76 » 18 Mar 2023, 21:01

We give it large on TWITTER we give it little on pitch.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Mar 2023, 21:44

A bad back put me in the seats today. I actually lowered myself to having an arguement with a couple of dumbarses about what we have become. Some people apparently still think this is worth cheering about. Let's blame the opposition. Let's blame the ref. How about let's blame the team? All the whys and wherefores have been covered so many times this season it's not even worth regurgitating them. The promise has been broken too many times. We have a ground, we have facilities, we have owners, we have fans worthy of divisions above this. We have individual players who probably are also, but as a team and management they are worthy of jack shit. Nobody has got an f'ing clue. I can't wait to hear YB's defence of this one. Maybe "we're still in the play offs". Whoopy f*cking doo.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Mar 2023, 21:47

We most definitely don't have fans of divisions above

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Mar 2023, 22:14

I took a read of the matches after Spalding and a few before. Every single one is bemoaning the same thing and how poor we've actually played in numerous games. Its quite an interesting read and all contributes to whats happening now.

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 19 Mar 2023, 07:38

Seamus wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 16:02
Positive change at half time, youthful legs needed.
Welcome back Oscar.
Shame we haven’t got any youth players anymore, only Oscar like you say. Least some of those youth players we had would show effort!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Mar 2023, 09:01

I went yesterday, their is no flowering this one up, very disappointing indeed. There is never any argument or real debate about ultimately who is responsible, it rests squarely with the players on the pitch and the management for picking them, setting a formation and tactics, above that its with the owners for appointing the management team - this is all obvious, all know it, the players, management and owners know this, so I move on.

I am sure for all the fans passion and disappointment, the management team and players will be hurting and just as disappointed as I am sure not one of them 'want' to lose a game of football either.

Yesterday I am afraid happened exactly what I have been trying to warn against for many a long month now, it looks like the pressure attempting promotion is getting to the team, fans and management. Its clear yesterday, players played well within themselves, almost scared to make a missed pass, a mistake, take a risk. Yes the confidence has more or less gone. We all know that confidence in football as in everyday life is fundamental to success, to one being able to show ones true ability, to express themselves, to move around the field with confidence, to boss a game and the opposition, to be seen, to be heard - yesterday it had gone.

I want to call out some of the absolute embarrassing drivel I personally heard from the stands yesterday, not towards the end of the game as this to a certain extent can be excused, we are human, we get frustrated, we pay our money etc etc but what I found very concerning were comments openly shouted from 30 seconds in, yes 30 seconds into the game and continued especially in the first half unrelenting - yes from a group of fans and one supposed supporter in particular. 'Sockett, what are you doing, you dont know what you are doing' etc - this can I reiterate was 30 seconds in. Also a particular player playing no worse or better than any of the others was called a useless C, a W a T and so on, 'useless, look at you, can you pass, run for f sake, backwards again you prat' so on and so on. I have a message for 'support' like that, its cringe and embarrassing and guess what you aint helping, dont bother coming. Glad to say many around me where equally as embarrassed - it was justified by them saying we have been coming for years - so what, dont bother, thats not support, IMO

Time for a reset, time for a very big reflection, 6 games to go and probably play offs now we either move forward together or we completely implode together - those players do not become bad players overnight. Lorded one game, scalded the next - if we all really want promotion I suggest we draw a line and pull togther and give it our best shot, lets not implode - come on!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2023, 09:24

I probably shouldn't have posted last night after too many beers and with excruciating back pain, it doesn't lighten the mood. I do agree YB the abuse levelled at individual players during the game is totally uncalled for also. Maybe too many beers for them also? In the cold light of day now it's just sheer disappointment at what this season could have been. I know we could still win the play offs, but let's see.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Mar 2023, 09:38

andy wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 09:24
I probably shouldn't have posted last night after too many beers and with excruciating back pain, it doesn't lighten the mood. I do agree YB the abuse levelled at individual players during the game is totally uncalled for also. Maybe too many beers for them also? In the cold light of day now it's just sheer disappointment at what this season could have been. I know we could still win the play offs, but let's see.
Andy try look at it like this, yes I get the disappointment from yesterday, but not from - what the season 'could of been' it 'could' still very well end in promotion which is what we all want. Things unfortunately in life rarely go perfect, exactly as we want them, so does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if we win the league by ten points or go up on pens in play off final? You could very easily argue the later is far more exciting!! Who wants to win a league by 10 points that's boring lol - maybe, maybe not but you get my point. If we go up we go up and that's what all of us, owners, management, players and fans want. As I said for the sake of 6 games plus 2 let's not all emplode now, let's get the job done, there is always a massive reset, adjustment with fresh faces etc every summer at most non league clubs, let us be doing that a step 3, not step 4. Up the Yeltz
Last edited by Yeltzbaby on 19 Mar 2023, 09:49, edited 3 times in total.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2023, 09:41

Yeah. I disagree with abuse. No excuse at all but there will always be the odd few that gob off and lets face it, everyone has seen people like that and knows they're the actual twats. As you say many around you were equally embarrassed. I can read some of the comments people make on Fakebook and its obvious that the intelligence department has gone awol. Get Manning back. Jesus wept.

Where I disagree with you is players being scared to make a mistake. First half we were just awful, but that stretches back to months of poor performances as far back as Romulus. But contrast that to the rejig second half we we moved up a notch and got stuck in. No fear there.Theyre lauded when they play well and rightly criticised when they play like headless chickens.
Youre right they arent bad players and the build up of poor performances has pissed people off and rightly so. We should have built on last season and in fact we're worse. Now its coming to a head. Im afraid this comes down to two people unfortunately and repeating the same mistakes is starting to wind people up now.
As I said, end of season calls for a rejig, whether we're promoted or not.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Mar 2023, 10:08

Right, I know I said Tuesday, but let's have a go now.

1. We know it's the play offs now. We can build towards that. Make sure we have people watching the teams in the play offs every week and focus on finding a system that will work.

2. Objectively, the second half wasn't that bad. We've played loads worse this season.

3. Now I'm out.

Players offering fans out in the bar, my phone pinging constantly from everyone I know connected to non league laughing at us, the Twitter nob heads out in full force. It's pretty miserable.

Also we're clearly far too old. How many players under 30 did we have in the second half. We need fresh blood next year.

That this post started off intending to be boosterism and had ended up doom and gloom is probably the reason I should have waited until Tuesday!