Shepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shepshed Updates

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Mar 2023, 10:23

Players offering fans out in the bar - this isnt good if true on many different levels. Maybe it was the one that was constantly called a useless C!nt, wank!r and Tw!t- (from his first touch after 20 seconds) during the first half and most of the second, by a group of more senior in years 'supporters' (supporter/s in the loosest sense of the word) who along with his/their cringe shouted comments seemed fit to justify their outspoken views by telling everyone they had been coming down the Grove for decades, as if this in someway gives them special permission to be idiots, Honestly people like that and yes every club has some are the worst type of fan you can ever get i,e I have been here longer, so my view is more important than yours, and I will shout it above everyone, even though its utter drivel............give your heads (and walking sticks) a wobble fgs and go down The memorial ground please

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2023, 10:32

Yes. But as I say everyone knows theyre the twats and are best ignored. Some people are naturally thick.

OnionYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OnionYeltz » 19 Mar 2023, 11:01

Yeltzbaby wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 10:23
Players offering fans out in the bar - this isnt good if true on many different levels. Maybe it was the one that was constantly called a useless C!nt, wank!r and Tw!t- (from his first touch after 20 seconds) during the first half and most of the second, by a group of more senior in years 'supporters' (supporter/s in the loosest sense of the word) who along with his/their cringe shouted comments seemed fit to justify their outspoken views by telling everyone they had been coming down the Grove for decades, as if this in someway gives them special permission to be idiots, Honestly people like that and yes every club has some are the worst type of fan you can ever get i,e I have been here longer, so my view is more important than yours, and I will shout it above everyone, even though its utter drivel............give your heads (and walking sticks) a wobble fgs and go down The memorial ground please
There was also a player yesterday who out of nowhere told one of the match sponsors to "fuck off" as they were leaving the pitch. I'll never justify abuse of players when the criticism goes over the line, but some of these players are more than happy to give it the biggun on social media, then get aggressive when they can't back up their own words.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Mar 2023, 11:22

I think one thing we need to consider as fans is that the management know the players better than any of us who rock up on match day. The management know which players may or may not have been at training because of work, which players may be carrying injuries, which players have personal or family issues. Imagine spending a Thursday evening planning to work on a formation or shape but Johnny can't be at training because he had to work late or his child is unwell or whatever. Juggling all of this of course is part of the managements role to get it right. As fans picking a team and a formation after the game has finished in hindsight is easy, but if you ask the 1,000 Yeltz fans there to pick a team for next week at Dereham you'd have numerous suggestions of formations and players starting. Only one pair of people have to do it before the game.
Of course, as fans we're entitled to our opinion and many of our supporters I consider to be incredibly knowledgeable folk who clearly know their football, whether I agree with them or not is another matter but at least a reasoned discussion could be had. I don't really want to go down the old/new/how long have you supported the club argument, we've got some absolute fuckwits who've recently become supporters as well as some who have been coming many years.

The players - now ultimately they are the ones who aren't doing what is required, why - I don't know, I guess that's the big question isn't it? I don't expect us to go out and win every week, I don't expect us to always play well, the reason these players are playing at this level is because they can't perform to the levels above consistently (One or two players aside). Every team playing Halesowen clearly find an extra 10% per player every week as many see our fabulous ground, playing surface and 1,000 crowd as their cup final, when we play away we rock up in big numbers and again it inspires the home team playing in front of their biggest crowd of the season. Our players simply can't cope with the very high expectation levels. They can't perform to the levels expected every single week. As fans, we have an expectation, this is only heightened when you read our players on social media 'giving it the big un' I've heard people comment saying that they've put a target on their own backs, not only is this raising our supporters expectations it's also inspiring our opposition. I'd say the same also for a number of the supporters social media pages. Many in non-league are loving the recent downturn in form we've had, they're loving the fact we're not on 'HMS Piss the league' again.

We all know winning the league now is highly unlikely barring a huge turnaround. One thing we need to do now is go out and get some form in the remaining games, changes aren't likely to happen now this season, the player transfer deadline has gone so we need to run with what we have. Between now and the rest of the season we, as fans need to be 100% behind the owners, the management and the players, any negative opinions or criticism needs to be put aside for now with the focus on being 100% committed to getting up somehow. If ever there was a time for Halesowen to be united it is now, save the whinging, moaning, slagging off or whatever until the end of the season. We know these players have the ability, that is without question, it's time for them to do what they came here for. They all knew when they signed what the objective was for this season, let's at least give it the full season.

Up the Yeltz.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2023, 11:43

Rob
Thats a very well thought out and constructed post and yes there are people giving it billy big balls and believing the hype. Im not social media so am blissfully oblivious to that crap I just want to see a plan and I can't and we only change after its too late, the subs making the big difference.

And as any team, the manager knows the players, but ultimately the buck stops at their door as Im sure theyre aware. Do you beleive that we have made a progression, this season compared to last? I dont. Stamford clearly have on probably less support and money. I get opposition raising their game but what stops us doing so?

The fans will rally behind the team. But the team has to give them something to rally behind. Look at Hinkley away, how we backed the team against the odds Corby away was our fans at their best, barring the idiots. We were crap but it remained good natured and supportive.

Hand on heart, Im just not seeing that we look like being promoted. The last 7 or 8 games have seen a steady decline in results and performance and opposition teams look way better than we do. Please god I want them to prove me wrong.
Again, opinion but I hand on heart beleive that at the end of the season, their needs to be a rebuild and new direction.

We're all Yeltz.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Mar 2023, 12:06

drummyb wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 11:43
Rob
Thats a very well thought out and constructed post and yes there are people giving it billy big balls and believing the hype. Im not social media so am blissfully oblivious to that crap I just want to see a plan and I can't and we only change after its too late, the subs making the big difference.

And as any team, the manager knows the players, but ultimately the buck stops at their door as Im sure theyre aware. Do you beleive that we have made a progression, this season compared to last? I dont. Stamford clearly have on probably less support and money. I get opposition raising their game but what stops us doing so?

The fans will rally behind the team. But the team has to give them something to rally behind. Look at Hinkley away, how we backed the team against the odds Corby away was our fans at their best, barring the idiots. We were crap but it remained good natured and supportive.

Hand on heart, Im just not seeing that we look like being promoted. The last 7 or 8 games have seen a steady decline in results and performance and opposition teams look way better than we do. Please god I want them to prove me wrong.
Again, opinion but I hand on heart beleive that at the end of the season, their needs to be a rebuild and new direction.

We're all Yeltz.
In response to your questions;

The only real progression from last season is getting promoted - we can still achieve this objective.

As for us raising our game, think how we raised our game at Maidenhead, Halifax and Barnet - we couldn't sustain that level every week - much like how Shepshed raised their game yesterday.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2023, 12:18

Your second point is actually quite poignant. No we cant do it every week. But that makes the difference between league champions and play offs I suppose, having consistant results and performances.

Barnet, as the last trophy game I got to see that season, seems like a lifetime ago. Its certainly been an up and a downer.

I'll just add, I do feel for Nicholls and Sockett here. No-one sets out to get the grief they are getting and both seem like decent blokes. Its just a bit of a mess.

Anyhoo. See you at Dereham.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Mar 2023, 12:49

Just listened to Nicholls interview on you tube 'this is the time we now all need to stick together'

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2023, 12:51

And I agree. Now give us the glue!!!

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Mar 2023, 13:09

The pressure doesn't seem to be affecting the other teams at the top. Current top 5 teams on current form
Stamford p6 pts 16
Corby p6 pts 16
Coleshill p6 pts 13
Boldmere p6 pts 13
Spalding p6 pts 11

Halesowen p6 pts 7