Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 Mar 2023, 19:56

My brain is still fried from James Bowen turning to the Harry Rudge and shouting 'I've done the double over us this season'.

Us. Bloody hell.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 11 Mar 2023, 20:22

Thats the difference, James Bowen formerly of this parish an absolute shithouse! We had Bradley Birch who was our shithouse, until he got injured. This is one player we miss, massively!
Wr need a huge reaction next Saturday.....................😬

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Mar 2023, 20:28

We need a huge reaction every Saturday and did several saturdays ago!! We got Corby and Hinkley.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Mar 2023, 08:21

Some of our so called fans comments on the clubs official twitter page are nothing short of embarrassing. Our fans have a reputation for many good things, we are in danger (think we have already crossed the line) in also adding 'particularly fickle' and 'expecting to muller everyone in our path' to that list.
I love passionate fans, I love opinions and that's mine. Calm down twitter users, love and peace and promotion to us all

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Mar 2023, 10:46

Yeltzbaby wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 08:21
Some of our so called fans comments on the clubs official twitter page are nothing short of embarrassing. Our fans have a reputation for many good things, we are in danger (think we have already crossed the line) in also adding 'particularly fickle' and 'expecting to muller everyone in our path' to that list.
I love passionate fans, I love opinions and that's mine. Calm down twitter users, love and peace and promotion to us all
You're forgetting we didn't have most of these 'fans' a few years ago. And should we have another rough spell we won't have them again. Fickle is the nature of the game for a lot.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 12 Mar 2023, 11:31

I also see on the Twitters that one or two players have said that yesterday's and previous performances have not been good enough.
This in the interest of balance
Gets one's tin hat ready😬

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Mar 2023, 11:40

andy wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 10:46
Yeltzbaby wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 08:21
You're forgetting we didn't have most of these 'fans' a few years ago. And should we have another rough spell we won't have them again. Fickle is the nature of the game for a lot.

Yes, very true. Fans have always to a greater or lesser degree 'jumped' from total celebration where everything is fine to total despair and almost Armageddon. Think this symptom has been vastly exaggerated over the past 20 years with the 'takeover' of most peoples lives of social media, or maybe some fans have always been this extreme but fortunately we never got to 'hear' them!!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 12 Mar 2023, 13:02

having had a night to reflect I believe our problem yesterday was our formation.
Naming players but in no way blaming them...
We have Gregs up front who I see as his main strength is holding the ball up to release others. problem is Mills out wide (is he a forward or midfield) has not got pace or stamina to patrol the left side. Balls cant be thread through to release him.
Sim plays so far away from Gregs most of the time no little flicks will release him either.

As I say Mills loses us a guy in midfield so we just have Haywood,Donnelly and Sammons in the middle. Boldmere exploited this and with the extra man most of the time were able to pass there way through us.
They pressed when Platty had the ball so we were forced to simply play long ball which they won and their midfield picked up.

We really miss the energy and pace we got from mini/Holmes down one of the flanks and really apart from runs from Eze and JD we really looked lightweight.

Just my observation of course and no reflection on any players but I do feel our Managers need to have a plan B or C which really seemed lacking today.

Roll on Shepshed (who lost to Yaxley ) so sure they will be fired up next week to make up

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Mar 2023, 13:36

Interesting that about Mills. I actually thought he was one of our better players and actually got past them several times. I think he was part of a front three if Im honest.

BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BartleyYeltz » 12 Mar 2023, 18:09

I’ve seen us maybe 15 times this season and I honestly apart from maybe 2 games I couldn’t tell you what formation we play. We lack shape.
Our full backs are often not involved in the match at all, be it because we’re playing 4-3-3 so they can’t push on or we play what I think is a 3-4-3. We don’t have an identity like we did during the trophy run.
I wasn’t at the match yesterday so can’t comment but I was at Hinckley last week and it was just long ball like we have done most of the season. But what I will say that any team that has aspirations to win a title with 8 games left shouldn’t be losing a match after being 2-0 up.

I did go to Boldmere away this season where again they played us off the pitch.

I don’t want to moan too much about our joint mangers but are they really having an impact on this side?

On another note, there is a real mindset that if we don’t win the league then we won’t go up. We have to change that opinion! We need to go into playoffs with the belief that we can do it. Both games would be at home where our crowd can have a massive impact.
Plus it’s not over yet, Stamford still have a local derby away at Spalding, a tough trip to Cambridge and a hard match this week at home to SK. And then the small mater of the final game at our place. I believe if we win our remaining games then we win the league. I do think they might lose one match before they travel to The Grove.