Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by andy » 13 Mar 2023, 17:17

YB, I just suspect you're expectations are lower than everybody else's. If we did fall over the line and get promoted it would not change the way this season has been. Yes we'll all be delighted and you can say "told you so" but it would mask what has been a relatively poor season in a poor division. The quality that we know this team and these individuals have has been missing far to often, right from the start of the season. You may not 'expect' us to turn some of these clubs over, I do. As regards the supporters, we have turned up in numbers. We have made EVERY away game like a home game. Frankly many of the games did not deserve it. Every team will have one or two off days but we have had far too many for the quality we have. Some weeks I struggle to see what our set up and pattern even is. How many times do we have to be outbattled, outrun and outthought before you will concede something is wrong. As regards the players reading this, well so what? It would just encourage me to try and prove those comments wrong. If we don't win the league or the play off lottery it will be the players fault, not the fans. And let's be honest, no disrespect to Stamford, Spalding, Khalsa and Boldmere, but the rest of the top 5 can do it with barely any fans at all.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 13 Mar 2023, 19:28

One positive about losing to Boldmere is it keeps Corby at arms length from the play off positions ??? ;)

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 13 Mar 2023, 20:10

I know it's easy with hindsight butt o be brutally honest Romulus was the wake up call we never heeded.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Mar 2023, 20:32

And it looks like Spalding are doing to Daventry what we struggled to do. 6 0 after 37 minutes😳Looks like our goal difference advantage on them will be gone by the end of tonight.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 14 Mar 2023, 21:23

old git wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 20:32
And it looks like Spalding are doing to Daventry what we struggled to do. 6 0 after 37 minutes😳Looks like our goal difference advantage on them will be gone by the end of tonight.
Still 6-0. The 'crowd' of 62 will be getting bored.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Mar 2023, 21:39

Currently 0-9 :-\

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Mar 2023, 21:43

Good job they went 42 minutes at one point ( almost an entire half) without scoring!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 14 Mar 2023, 22:00

andy wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 17:17
YB, I just suspect you're expectations are lower than everybody else's. If we did fall over the line and get promoted it would not change the way this season has been. Yes we'll all be delighted and you can say "told you so" but it would mask what has been a relatively poor season in a poor division. The quality that we know this team and these individuals have has been missing far to often, right from the start of the season. You may not 'expect' us to turn some of these clubs over, I do. As regards the supporters, we have turned up in numbers. We have made EVERY away game like a home game. Frankly many of the games did not deserve it. Every team will have one or two off days but we have had far too many for the quality we have. Some weeks I struggle to see what our set up and pattern even is. How many times do we have to be outbattled, outrun and outthought before you will concede something is wrong. As regards the players reading this, well so what? It would just encourage me to try and prove those comments wrong. If we don't win the league or the play off lottery it will be the players fault, not the fans. And let's be honest, no disrespect to Stamford, Spalding, Khalsa and Boldmere, but the rest of the top 5 can do it with barely any fans at all.
If you think the standard is poor at this level, trust me the standard above is really poor compared to pre covid. Its honestly drivel. I travel to many local games not just ours and I can honestly say I havent seen a decent standard game or team at step 3 so far this season. The football, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Stourbr*dge etc play is absolutely horrendous. Only Alvechurch have played anything near what would should be classed as half decent step 3 football.

Finally - if we go up, does it really matter about our standard of play, our formation (or lack of it), being out run (in your opinion) etc - I really dont think it honestly would. At the end of each season at non league level there is usually a comparatively big 'reset' weather you go up, go down or stay in the division - therefor I honestly think if and when we do go up, all the drama of things not quite being right (again in some fans eyes) will very quickly go away and we can concentrate on 10 plus midland derbies and trust me as I say we have nothing to fear

My expectation levels are extremely high, I probably hate losing more than any other person I have ever met. Maybe I am more of a realist than most or evidently I look at the club and our standing slightly different.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 15 Mar 2023, 06:30

Teams play to the strengths at whatever level there strength is usually our weakness winning ist and 2nd balls, what is our strength at the moment I have no answer. 4 3 3 just does not suit us unless we're playing some of the poorer teams. 3 5 2 offers us so much more it's plain to see. If we're sticking with this system why is Donnelly not on the right of the 3 is it because the management have to please other players. Still in a better position than I thought we would be at the start of season ( I thought around 4th and 15pts behind stamford ) didint think we had the height and power needed. I hear some people moan about upsetting players well according to some throughout the season the league should of been won by now they thought it was done and dusted, other teams are loving these comments and raising their game.