DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corby Updates

Post by DJ » 18 Feb 2023, 19:01

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Feb 2023, 19:10

We just cannot get a result at Corby, can we?
We also cannot get a grip of this league and put some distance between ourselves and the challengers.
We flatter, only to deceive.
I do hope that we are not in the position of hoping that our rivals slip up.
All is not lost but we really have, in my opinion, got to win ALL our remaining games.
Too much to hope for?
Having said that I believe that we can still do it.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Feb 2023, 19:24

I really couldnt face play offs again. I cant see us beating either of the other teams home and away. We can put some really inspired performances in and then serve up what we got today. Beaten by the better team. Again, lumping it up doesnt work, and you contrast that to Corby passing it round and running for one another. Im not sure if mini was part of a front 3 today. I couldnt tell but he was up top a lot. He's just not a forward/winger as today and Tuesday proved.
Second half was much improved (couldnt get worse) but how many times have we seen insipid first halfs that have had to be rejigged to chase the game?

Ive now seen ten goals shipped this week. I hate football.

Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Jefftoad76 » 18 Feb 2023, 19:36

Just got back ,great support in noise and numbers from us again
Only for the team to play like that 3 down after 19mins left us a mountain to climb
Corby seemed more up for it than us wanted it more we were 2nd to every ball,is it just me or do other teams pressure and close down more than we do for me we just dont work hard enough is that down to fitness??
Sammons was terrible today but then again so was everybody else ,ive said it before a combination of height strength and pace in forward areas will cost us there seems to be no plan b other than hoof it up the pitch ,we just get bullied out of things
Insall works hard ,and gregory is a good technical player but has no pace therefore if its not put on a plate for him or a penalty hes not gunna score ,its like we have to walk the ball in the net everytime
When the team came over to us fans at the end you could see ìn there eyes they knew theyd ket us down

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Feb 2023, 22:04

drummyb wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 19:24
I hate football.
Me too.
1/ Didn't go today as had a lot of other things to deal with. Thus not in good mood.
2/ Kept up to date with missed game via internet. Mood worsened.
3/ At the same time watched my other team Cagliari on TV. Who conceded 94th minute penalty equaliser. Now really pissed off.

Since drunk more beer than is healthy to try to improve mood.
Not really worked.

Wish I'd gone? No, not really, it would have ruined my day. Which feels ruined anyway. Because of football. Why do we do it?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Feb 2023, 22:18

Andy, you know why we do it - we just can't rid ourselves of the addiction to joy, pain and disillusion!
We cling to the hope that our dreams will be granted and refuse to not be there when that day happens.
The life of a football fan is not an easy one!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Feb 2023, 22:32

lutleyyeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 22:18
Andy, you know why we do it - we just can't rid ourselves of the addiction to joy, pain and disillusion!
We cling to the hope that our dreams will be granted and refuse to not be there when that day happens.
The life of a football fan is not an easy one!
Too true! Hundreds of thousands of people spend nine months every year spending all thier time and hard earned money on something that ultimately has one winner and about 20 losers!😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

OnionYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OnionYeltz » 19 Feb 2023, 08:49

The 1st 20/25 minutes we were so inexplicably poor that I'm willing to write it off. We weren't great after that but it's difficult when you start so horrendously. Previous weeks we have been very good and I think we can go on another run with some (on paper) easier fixtures to come.

Did think some of the selections were wrong yesterday. Sammons for instance is great when we are playing teams with a more physical style, but Corby have plenty of energy in midfield and that exposed him a bit.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Feb 2023, 22:49

Hugely disappointing result, but a couple of things I will mention, the first goal came from a corner - that shouldn't have been a corner (but I guess the same argument could have been said in our favour versus Spalding). We didn't defend it well enough from a superb delivery at the near post, I'm sure also there was a huge push in the back from a Corby player into one of our players (Hayward possibly). The second goal, from the free kick, wasn't a foul but again we never dealt with it well enough from the very same left foot of the left back. After those two goals we just looked shell shocked. We just couldn't keep the ball or get the ball to our forwards with any real quality and Manning scored with possibly our only effort on goal. Half time, the players were in and out very quickly, and i'm sure the words would have been similar to "You've got yourself in the shit - you go get yourselves out of it" Fair play we scored very early second half and were pushing hard to get the equaliser and then they had the penalty and it then just fizzled out.

I often mention how if we gave each player a rating out of ten, players like Ezewele for example is a solid 7/10 every week. I honestly don't think though this weekend anyone really really was more than a 6/10. I'd probably go as far as to say if I had to pick a Yeltz man of the match it would probably be Donnelly or Mills who both came on at half time and gave us a little more drive.

It was an off day, and the opening 20minutes killed us, but the players really did give it a go after half time. For those not there - when they all came over to the fans at the end you could see in their eyes and their body language they were hurting, the fans response though was superb, it might have been easy to give them a hard time, but the singing of "We'll still follow you everywhere" I honestly think lifted the players, they stood there and took it in knowing we're fully behind them. I honestly think Saturday could well be just that pivotal moment that little kick up the arse. We need to see a reaction on Saturday and we need to respond like wounded animal. I think we will. Keep the faith.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Feb 2023, 00:59

It was a huge push for the first goal, a very blatant foul. The lines man on that side was useless and the ref not much better.

Good summing up by Robyeltz.