Harborough Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Harborough Updates

Post by Rich » 11 Feb 2023, 19:26

Wow!!!

Tremendous back to the wall performance today. Thought Harborough were a really good side, strong in the air and some good speed on the counter. Good job they not got a clinical Centre Forward.
Losing Evans was a big loss to us but quite surprised how much we struggled to retain the ball and create some pressure.
Full credit for everyone for the effort they showed. agree that Kelly was Immense.

Its performances like that which show we are a team and they will all do everything to get a result.
Tough game (again) next week and hopefully Evo will be fit and Haywood (was he injured today)
Will be missing Sim also so guess Greggs comes back in.

Bonus Spalding losing. I though it may be Chasetown who did us a favour taking something from Stamford.

Enjoy your night guys and lets go again next week

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 11 Feb 2023, 19:27

old git wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 19:24
andy wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:25
I didn't realise Cobourne was sent off!!! What happened? Where was I? How did this jar of pickled onions get in my pocket? Aah yes, Westy. The answer to most of life's mysteries.
So glad it wasn’t just me 😂
Think it because he showed him the yellow card then about 30 seconds later must have realised he had booked him earlier so showed red

Kiddyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Kiddyeltz » 11 Feb 2023, 20:06

Congratulations to the lads today that was a really tough one. Not great to watch due to the way Harborough played but Kelly was immense especially after losing Evo thought the defenders were great after the re shape. We rode our luck at times but everyone grafted to get the result. Also Insalls finish was class, Sim needs to learn the offside rule. Happy with the result and clean sheet keep fighting lads.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 11 Feb 2023, 20:16

andy wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:20
Ditto all the other comments. My fear is everybody now playing us like it is THEIR cup final! It should be 11 cup finals for us! I wish we could blow teams away, it's no good for the blood pressure. ;D
Well ground out lads!
Andy, this has been the case from start of season and one of my main points, every side in this league playing us - is exactly that, it's their big game, their cup final, playing in front of their biggest crowd of season, extra media coverage etc. Its the one they all want to win and one of the main reasons we will have the odd blip along the way, your average side in this league won't run, tackle be up for a game when they play e.g Yaxley like they will be when they play us. Hence the odd surprise drop points by us.
We won't experience those circumstances next season (in step3) more of a level playing field

Another clean sheet, another 3 points, it's really starting to roll now (our promotion bandwagon) all aboard to step 3!!!
Another fantastic attendance too.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 11 Feb 2023, 20:26

Yeltzbaby wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 20:16
Another clean sheet, another 3 points, it's really starting to roll now (our promotion bandwagon) all aboard to step 3!!!
Another fantastic attendance too.
It feels like this has been a big week. We rode our luck today, and we're short in defence if Rob Evans is going to be out for a bit, but get something at Corby and it's ours to lose.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 11 Feb 2023, 20:35

On the point about Harborough needing a striker…they had one until yesterday! Nat Ansu left them for Spalding.

Sim got a second yellow for stopping a chance on goal late on. It was a clearcut yellow I think and could be classed as “taking one for the team”. It was quite close to the tunnel so he got the red and snuck off without too many people noticing. ;D

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Feb 2023, 21:41

Gotta say, Jamie Insall is incredibly articulate on Youtube. Very impressed with how well he comes across.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Feb 2023, 23:34

He comes across in the occasional podcast series as an erudite and witty bloke too.
Despite all my best instincts, I like him. 😉

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Feb 2023, 07:32

He's a character, that's for sure!
As a player he gives his all and, for me, is a pleasure to watch.
Yesterday's game was one of those that titles are won with.
Grit, determination and a slice of luck here and there.
I have to disagree with the MoM selection - Kelly was outstanding and I think he would head a housebrick if necessary.
All in all a full team performance.
9 points in a week - not bad!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Feb 2023, 08:37

lutleyyeltz wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 07:32
He's a character, that's for sure!
As a player he gives his all and, for me, is a pleasure to watch.
Yesterday's game was one of those that titles are won with.
Grit, determination and a slice of luck here and there.
I have to disagree with the MoM selection - Kelly was outstanding and I think he would head a housebrick if necessary.
All in all a full team performance.
9 points in a week - not bad!
Kelly 100% MOM for me too 👍