Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Loughborough Dynamo (away)

Post by Johnny Bud » 07 Feb 2023, 21:40

Cobourne with the second.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 07 Feb 2023, 21:54

Good win. Glad that they sold the good forward, Da Silva Bastos last month.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Feb 2023, 07:17

By no measure was this a thriller. But a satisfying victory nonetheless. Bit like the Cambridge game, we found our way through it. Twelve to go (seven of which are at home).

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 08 Feb 2023, 09:16

piearce9 wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 07:17
By no measure was this a thriller. But a satisfying victory nonetheless. Bit like the Cambridge game, we found our way through it. Twelve to go (seven of which are at home).
Wasn't at the Cambridge game where it sounded like we had most of the 1st half play, but judging by what I saw in last night's watch we certainly improved after the break last night (as you say, it certainly wasn't a classic in that 1st period). Defensively very solid, against a very industrious Loughborough side. Second half we passed the ball around very well considering how bumpy the surface was. On to another tough side on Saturday (where I think we'll see a little more industry from Harborough!).

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 08 Feb 2023, 13:49

These are exactly the type of games where you cement your promotion credentials. Excellent win Saturday against one of our 2 top promotion rivals followed up by a hard fought tricky away win the Tuesday after.

2 clean sheets as well.

All aboard

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 08 Feb 2023, 16:03

So, I thought I'd pop up to the match from my office. Only when I came to check did I realise that it was 1hr 41mins from St Albans, making a huge saving on the 1hr 45 minutes that it would have taken from my house. Still, time to boil an egg I suppose.
Probably the highlight of the stadium was the big car park. Or maybe the somewhat foreboding sign pointing to the turnstiles which stated, "Cemetery".
Let's hope the evening isn't a dead loss.
And, with the greatest of respect to the loyal band of volunteers who keep this mob going, what a horrible ground. A beautiful combination of soulless Ikea assemble kit and ramshackle portacabins. The bog door alone being worth a picture.

Bog Door.jpg

And so onto the match. Having dispensed with my duties as Westy's tea wallah, we could get down to the serious business of freezing our tits off. At least we'd have the football to warm us up. Or not.
The highlights of the first half are listed below.

And for those that missed that, here they are again.

Actually, not entirely true, there were some intriguing questions raised.

Was it a new case?
How much did it cost?
How long have you owned it?
And are you willing to purchase a new one?

This was debated long and hard in the back of the stand and unfortunately, I can offer the forumistas no further input.

So far, so meh.

It could not have looked more like a nil-nil and only the chance to join Prince Harry in the frostbitten extremity club to fret over.

Marvellous variety of woolly cranium-warmers on display. We looked like The Flumps on holiday. Let's Pootle on.
We merry few trooped up the other end to see if a new perspective could bring, err, a new perspective.

It did, well a bit. I may have misjudged the venue, they have something with which no other ground can compare, a magnificent silo.
What it was silo-ing I'm not sure. Although the pervading smell suggested Leicestershire's entire weed supplies for a month.
Or enough to do Evran for a weekend. Whatever.

Slowly, we started to click. Maybe a change in shape? This would have involved me paying attention, which certainly wasn't going to happen. But let's go with that.

One disallowed. Everyone's favourite irritant was double offside, and despite claiming that one may have cancelled out the other, no dice. But perhaps an omen.

Sim for Gregs, Bunny for someone. Bully for us? Yep.
Pressing, more pressing, one of those nights? No.
Far side, corner swings, near post stramash, 1-0. Hoorah!

Maybe Insall, maybe straight in, maybe Nathan? After the dust, or maybe frost, had settled I believe the midfield maestro claimed it.

Then, indifference is replaced with indigestion, a bilious 30 as we huffed and puffed. Actually, a bit harsh. We were pretty solid and with the exception of one Platty TV Special, I can't remember the cold custodian being called upon to do much.
Removing 4 pairs of gloves so that fingernails could be chewed, we counted down with HH's atomic clock slowing to a crawl.
Then, a hoof, a break and Sim's in. Run, run, run, sight, shoot, score. Easy. Two zip and we could all relax for the final 30 seconds.
Don't you sometimes wish you had a hobby that you could enjoy?

Final peeps for us frozen peeps and that's that. A grinder. Or maybe a bit better than that. Let's settle on the solemnity of claiming that it was "an important win".

The Eastlanders won too, so on we go. GD is GooD, and all we can do is keep both the wheels on the waggon and the beers down The Waggon rolling along. Bring the newbies to the fortress on Saturday and let's see if we repeat the trick from when it's was 30 degrees warmer three PMs ago.

No frightening bag from CITE's finest, but a whole frightening boot. Booty was gleaned. You don't come away from Old Trafford with a bottle of pomegranate molasses, some homemade pickled onions and a bag of Mini Cheddars do you? You bloody do not.

With only the logistically difficult car-snack to slow the progress (oh yeah, and a tour of Northamptonshire villages as the M1 was closed) I was back to the Elstree Hilton's sweet caress for midnight.

Precious times indeed.

Car Snack.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 08 Feb 2023, 16:33

YeltzDoc wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 16:03
So, I thought I'd pop up to the match from my office. Only when I came to check did I realise that it was 1hr 41mins from St Albans, making a huge saving on the 1hr 45 minutes that it would have taken from my house. Still, time to boil an egg I suppose.
Probably the highlight of the stadium was the big car park. Or maybe the somewhat foreboding sign pointing to the turnstiles which stated, "Cemetery".
Let's hope the evening isn't a dead loss..........etc
With respect I can't see how DJ can follow that as a match report.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 08 Feb 2023, 16:38

uncle jack and coke wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 16:33
YeltzDoc wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 16:03
Let's hope the evening isn't a dead loss..........etc
With respect I can't see how DJ can follow that as a match report.
all that was needed was the Sports Report theme tune beforehand. Splendid stuff!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Feb 2023, 19:21

Ha, superb stuff, Doc. I’m not sure how you got so much humour out of it all. ;D Hopefully worth the effort in getting there! :-\

Great turnout from the Yeltz Army last night. To outnumber the home support (about 75% of the crowd was Halesowen I would reckon) on a cold Tuesday night is very impressive.