Spalding Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spalding Updates

Post by Rich » 04 Feb 2023, 19:21

Great performance today and a well deserved 3 points.
Thought Spalding were quite poor really and not was I was expecting for what was an unbeaten team.
Take nothing away from the boys today as all put in a great shift and I honestly can not pick a man of the match.
We also now have a really strong bench and with Morris to come back soon hopefully we are now looking good to be right up there at the end.
Focus now turns to Tuesday and really important we show the same commitment and keep top spot

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 04 Feb 2023, 19:33

Rich wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 19:21
Thought Spalding were quite poor really and not was I was expecting for what was an unbeaten team.
Me too. Other than a few minutes at the start of the second half, they offered very little. But that was because we were so good. If we can reproduce that for the rest of the season, we'll win the league.

Kiddyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Kiddyeltz » 04 Feb 2023, 19:47

Fantastic performance, every player player their part. Great to see the management team picked a team to win the game rather than not loose and it paid off. On our day when all are on it we are the best in the league just need to get the quality of today’s performance for the rest of the season and maintain the consistency which isn’t easy but if we do wel can win the league

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Feb 2023, 21:33

My worry is we don't have the same momentum at soulless, deserted, usually plastic grounds, in the rain. Bedworth, Sutton, Coleshill, Boldmere spring to mind. If we can overcome that and win at Chasetown and beat Stamford on the last day, it's ours. Oh, and keep up our home form. Easy peasy this football lark.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Feb 2023, 22:12

A genuinely superb performance. To walk out the ground and see every single Yeltz fan buzzing was just terrific.

Few people have said Spalding were poor. I think we took it to them from minute one and dominated the entire game. Their body language said it all - they knew they were second best all over.

Every single Halesowen player was terrific today. The system worked, the work rate was non-stop, and we cut them to shreds.

Couldn’t be happier tonight.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 05 Feb 2023, 08:11

andy wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 21:33
My worry is we don't have the same momentum at soulless, deserted, usually plastic grounds, in the rain. Bedworth, Sutton, Coleshill, Boldmere spring to mind. If we can overcome that and win at Chasetown and beat Stamford on the last day, it's ours. Oh, and keep up our home form. Easy peasy this football lark.
You could be a Supremo. Every club needs a Supremo. Get yer application in now ;)

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 05 Feb 2023, 08:38

My take is Spalding simply didn’t know what hit them and were shell shocked by a combination of us coming out of the blocks like a team possessed and a crowd 5x what they’re used to.

Compare and contrast to exactly a year ago to the day when we huffed and puffed against Spalding at home and lost to a late goal by that fat lad they had up top…..

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Feb 2023, 08:57

An excellent performance. I might be wrong here, but looking at the fixtures, looks to me like Stamford are the real threat. Spalding have to go away to Stamford, Boldmere, Khalsa, Chasetown, and Shepshed. Feel like that 'only conceded two goals away from home' stat is a bit of a misnomer when that is factored in.

Meanwhile, don't think we have to play on any more plastic and the change of system seems to be working a treat. Haven't felt this confident since the season that never was... so looking forward to more heartache come April!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Feb 2023, 10:32

VanessaYeltz wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 08:38
My take is Spalding simply didn’t know what hit them and were shell shocked by a combination of us coming out of the blocks like a team possessed and a crowd 5x what they’re used to.

Compare and contrast to exactly a year ago to the day when we huffed and puffed against Spalding at home and lost to a late goal by that fat lad they had up top…..
This.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Feb 2023, 10:37

A fabulous win, the work rate and desire from the players can't be questioned. The chance we had in the first 30 seconds really did set the tone, we really got at them and had it not been for their keeper being awake early on and then making a superb save we could have had a couple before we finally did score. Every player contributed to that win yesterday. The same will be needed on Tuesday at Loughborough, after Stamford beat us earlier in the season they celebrated like they had won the league, then went to Loughborough and lost. We need to ensure we send out a message that we can back up yesterdays win and get the points at Loughborough.

1500+ crowd too is some going, hopefully we can take a good following on Tuesday to back the lads
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ