Beduff

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Beduff

Post by Yeltzbaby » 08 Jan 2023, 14:46

Good away point, keeps us ticking over towards the aim of promotion. Performance not the best but will take the away point.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Jan 2023, 16:01

We’re contriving to throw it away again.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 08 Jan 2023, 16:21

Any news on Morris injury?
He is one player we would not want to lose for a long period of time

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 08 Jan 2023, 16:34

Long story short, over on the Twitter, a Halesowen fan had commented on the 433 formation not working and how a 442 formation would/might be a better solution. The fan then went on to comment on players playing out of position for example Insall playing "wide right" instead of an out and out striker playing down the middle. Insall responded by saying that he'd always played as a striker and that this was the first time he'd played wide right, of a three., and that he was happy to play there for the clubs sake. He also said that the squad were all pulling in the same direction.
I'd like to see Insall play as an out and out striker alongside Gregory as part of a 442 formation with Sim on the left or right of midfield to see if that would kick-start us on to automatic promotion. Just my opinion but I do believe the squad IS good enough to see us go up and this is just our blip in the season as Stamford have yet to have there wobble.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 08 Jan 2023, 16:50

A change in formation is needed at the minute just to offer us more of an attacking threat 3 5 2 with ezewele and manning as wing backs would be my choice both would give us real intent going forward. 2 more dropped points but we are still in the shake up but we have to offer more than this. Stamfords next 5 games are comfortable on paper so we need to up our game. Really hope morris is OK our most dominant player in the air is one we do not want to lose at the minute. We go again

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jan 2023, 16:56

Yeltzbaby wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 14:46
Good away point, keeps us ticking over towards the aim of promotion. Performance not the best but will take the away point.
No! It wasn't a good away point - it was two away points lost.
"Ticking over towards promotion" is not good enough. At this stage of the season we should be "revving up" towards that ambition.
After a blistering start to the season we have stalled and, once again, we are flattering only to deceive.
Our defence may be suspect on occasion but if our strikers were banging in goals then that would not be such a problem.
We need to improve in all areas - especially in our opponents penalty area!
As has been observed by another poster the only player who has been 100% consistent is Dan Platt.
We have attendances that are envied by many clubs at a higher level, but how long will this be maintained if we fail to achieve what our owners and those fans long for - and deserve?
"Ticking over," I suggest, is just not good enough.
I have not "lost the faith" - I just see the reality of the present performances and how this could end up giving us nightmares once again.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Jan 2023, 17:46

lutleyyeltz wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 16:56
Yeltzbaby wrote:
"Ticking over towards promotion" is not good enough. At this stage of the season we should be "revving up" towards that ambition.
After a blistering start to the season we have stalled and, once again, we are flattering only to deceive.
Our defence may be suspect on occasion but if our strikers were banging in goals then that would not be such a problem.
As has been observed by another poster the only player who has been 100% consistent is Dan Platt.
We have attendances that are envied by many clubs at a higher level, but how long will this be maintained if we fail to achieve what our owners and those fans long for - and deserve?
I have not "lost the faith" - I just see the reality of the present performances and how this could end up giving us nightmares once again.
John, he's just winding us up again. Ignore it. Every man and his dog could see that was NOT a good away point.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 08 Jan 2023, 17:50

I bet we would all celebrate if we 'ticked over' to promotion wouldnt we?

As for blistering start to the season - think we had played 12 w10 l2 (or something like that) under Paul Smith and fans on here were still moaning like mad about things not being good enough.

Yes we have by far the biggest crowds and I am sure our budget is a lot healthier than most, although after following football for a very long time I have never once seen a 'budget' league table. What can win sides promotion is togetherness (yes you need a half decent side as well). Jamie Insall has tweeted that the players are all pulling together. The lads are under enough pressure as it is, as expectations are always so high, lets not add to that by being overly critical every time we dont win. We could very well implode.

I am unwavering in my belief that come end of April we will have promotion, ticking towards it or otherwise.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 08 Jan 2023, 17:52

andy wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 17:46
lutleyyeltz wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 16:56
Yeltzbaby wrote:
John, he's just winding us up again. Ignore it. Every man and his dog could see that was NOT a good away point.
Christ sake, no i am not I am just typing my opinion like every other fan does on here, please give me a break, honestly please

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jan 2023, 18:31

Yeltzbaby.
You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine but I look at the reality of our present situation and do NOT see us just "ticking over" to promotion.
It just won't happen if there is not an improvement in, primarily, our scoring ability.