Beduff

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Beduff

Post by andy » 07 Jan 2023, 19:47

One thing I must add regarding the massive inconsistency. Dan Platt is fortunately one player who is not. Without him we would not even be in the play off spots. 2 more magnificent saves today kept us a point.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Jan 2023, 20:01

And thats the frustrating thing. Some of them can turn in fantastic performances. Eze, Quaynor, Evo, Donnelly and Sammo to degree did ok but front 3 offered nothing til it changed. I do think we need a bit of pace now. There was talk last week of us having the right players. Im not so sure.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Jan 2023, 20:08

I've been one of those thinking the players we have should blow everybody away. But you're right it's just not happening is it.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 Jan 2023, 20:27

I'm still backing us but today was very poor. Bedworth only looked interested after they equalised so that tells you how poor we were.
I'd rest Simeon and Manning. They look shot at the moment. As has been said above, platty, evo, Ezewele, donnelly and sammo when not losing the ball as he did a lot today were good. But we carried two or three players. Bright spot was Mills, clearly needs fitness, but looked impressive when he came on...... keep the faith. We've been far far worser!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Jan 2023, 20:34

HalesowenHarry wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 20:27
I'm still backing us but today was very poor. Bedworth only looked interested after they equalised so that tells you how poor we were.
I'd rest Simeon and Manning. They look shot at the moment. As has been said above, platty, evo, Ezewele, donnelly and sammo when not losing the ball as he did a lot today were good. But we carried two or three players. Bright spot was Mills, clearly needs fitness, but looked impressive when he came on...... keep the faith. We've been far far worser!
Thats true. We have see worse. You more than me. However, everything around the club is on the up. It just seems we dont yet have performances to match that, after what was a flying start.

As has been said, keep changing players around doesnt help. It didnt when Paul was in post either imho

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 Jan 2023, 08:03

Rich wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 16:26
drummyb wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 16:24
subs have changed this Mini has dropped back. Bit more determination.
Twitter says he and Gregory were subbed :-\
And twitter was right. I didnt see him leave the pitch so presumed he'd dropped back at the time.
:-[

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Jan 2023, 08:47

In a half full moment I thought about the old adage “win at home, draw away and you won’t be far off champions”. So the last 4 fixtures were 3 away and one at home which means a 6 point haul keeps you on track, which is exactly what we have achieved.
Have I been drinking too much ?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 Jan 2023, 09:34

old git wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 08:47
In a half full moment I thought about the old adage “win at home, draw away and you won’t be far off champions”. So the last 4 fixtures were 3 away and one at home which means a 6 point haul keeps you on track, which is exactly what we have achieved.
Using the glass half full adage, yes...or no depending on how much you want to be drunk 🍺🍻😉.

You could also say we only have 3 points from the last 9....if you were a committed cynic...like me ;D.

Results wise is irrelevant in some respects. The performances havent been great. Thats the bigger concern. IF Bedworth had scored at the end of the first half, we end up chasing a game that we only turned up for 10 minutes of.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Jan 2023, 10:02

drummyb wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 09:34
old git wrote:
Using the glass half full adage, yes...or no depending on how much you want to be drunk 🍺🍻😉.

You could also say we only have 3 points from the last 9....if you were a committed cynic...like me ;D.

Results wise is irrelevant in some respects. The performances havent been great. Thats the bigger concern. IF Bedworth had scored at the end of the first half, we end up chasing a game that we only turned up for 10 minutes of.
Don’t spoil my happy moment 😂

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Jan 2023, 12:47

drummyb wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 09:34
old git wrote:

It is the performances. At the moment points wise we have as much chance as the others, but if the performances don't improve we will quickly fall away. Although, that said, the others may be saying exactly the same thing!