Re: Beduff

Post by andy » 08 Jan 2023, 18:41

Yeltzbaby wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 17:52
andy wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 17:46
lutleyyeltz wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 16:56

No! It wasn't a good away point - it was two away points lost.
"Ticking over towards promotion" is not good enough. At this stage of the season we should be "revving up" towards that ambition.
After a blistering start to the season we have stalled and, once again, we are flattering only to deceive.
Our defence may be suspect on occasion but if our strikers were banging in goals then that would not be such a problem.
We need to improve in all areas - especially in our opponents penalty area!
As has been observed by another poster the only player who has been 100% consistent is Dan Platt.
We have attendances that are envied by many clubs at a higher level, but how long will this be maintained if we fail to achieve what our owners and those fans long for - and deserve?
"Ticking over," I suggest, is just not good enough.
I have not "lost the faith" - I just see the reality of the present performances and how this could end up giving us nightmares once again.
John, he's just winding us up again. Ignore it. Every man and his dog could see that was NOT a good away point.
Christ sake, no i am not I am just typing my opinion like every other fan does on here, please give me a break, honestly please
Fair enough, you are. But c'mon....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Jan 2023, 19:02

To pick up on HH's point about Cobourne and Manning looking shot. I have to agree. And possibly others. I just wonder why as these are quality players. When they all 'click' we look really good. It's frustrating.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Jan 2023, 20:37

Lutters is bang on the money. Agreed with every single word of that post. I also think Manning and Sim need a breather - not getting the best out of either of them at the moment.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 Jan 2023, 21:16

piearce9 wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 20:37
Lutters is bang on the money. Agreed with every single word of that post. I also think Manning and Sim need a breather - not getting the best out of either of them at the moment.
I agree wholeheartedly. I would actually do further to say that we are heavily reliant on Dan Platt at the moment and our league position would be much less flattering if he were not on top form.

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 09 Jan 2023, 10:31

How many times this season have we been out-fought and out-worked by the opposition? It is becoming a frustrating theme. I keep reading on Twitter about how the players are 'together' and that they will win the league. I don't see any evidence whatsoever to back up those two claims. If anything we've looked like 11 individuals for a large portion of the season, bar the odd patch in games where we look like blowing away opposition. Sadly, that has occurred all too infrequently.

I've seen a number of comments about the management, but for me the blame for the season's poor performance (I don't care what our points tally or league position say, we HAVE been poor) is solely down to the players. They were inconsistent and out-worked by opposition, and dare I say a shambles at times, under Paul Smith, and now we're seeing the same under a different management team. It's time they stood up to be counted, or leave.

The narrative in the Summer, when this squad was assembled, was that there my be lesser quality players, but at least they will fight, scrap and earn points that last-season's squad couldn't. That has not materialised. If anything this season's squad shirk the fight more than recent Yeltz squads.

The simple fact of the matter is, as things stand, we are not good enough to win the league, and not good enough to win the play offs (should we finish in the top 5), unless changes are made to playing staff personnel and playing staff attitudes. They need to get off social media, wind their necks in, and actually prove themselves worthy on the pitch, because they certainly aren't right now.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Jan 2023, 20:47

Just going back to the change in formation debate, perhaps the game tomorrow will give us the opportunity to look at a change of formation? Remember, also we can only make a set number of changes to the squad from the league game on Saturday (I believe it is 4) so we can't see a whole heap of changes.

Personally i'd like to see us try a 442 tomorrow. With Kelly struggling and Morris almost certainly out we're a little light at CB, we can't risk Evo and perhaps Dan Brookes may come back, and possibly someone like Quaynor or Hayward take up a CB role? I'll go with Quaynor to give us some left side balance.

----------------------------Platt--------------------------
Ezewele-------Brookes-------Quaynor------Manning
--------------------Turton---Sammonds----------------
-Cobourne-----------------------------------------Mills
------------------------Insall---Gregory----------------
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 09 Jan 2023, 22:30

Will Sammons and Mills be eligible as they weren't signed prior to the original date of the match

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 09 Jan 2023, 22:50

Simons wrote:
09 Jan 2023, 22:30
Will Sammons and Mills be eligible as they weren't signed prior to the original date of the match
Sammons was an unused sub in Stratfords defeat in the 2nd round, so isn't cup tied, not sure on signing date, think he's ok. Mills may have played for Stour though against AFC wulfs but can't find a match report on that. We'll soon find out :)

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 10 Jan 2023, 08:22

Greg mills played for Stourbr*dge versus afc wulfrians.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Jan 2023, 19:26

Would have been ideal opportunity tonight to play Redhead.
Get some gametime and test his fitness.
Could be a player who from midfield can make runs infront of forwards.
Seemed attack minded from memory before his injury