Sutton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: Sutton Updates

Post by Noggin » 26 Dec 2022, 16:55

drummyb wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 16:35
I think Sutton are becoming a bogie team. As Andy said, we should have had a couple first half and typically they come out and score at the start of the second. I think the subs changed the game and let them back in it a bit. We looked a complety different team that lost 2-0 there a few months back and had most of the possession, but as is football, one change can change a game. It would have been a travesty to lose, but we never seem to go there and come away with much.
Quite ironic considering it was the annual defeats of Sutton and Stourbr*dge that kept us at a flatteringly high level during the Lynch/Hill years

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Dec 2022, 17:01

Spalding beating Stamford 3-2 keeps us top (just) into the New Year. Spalding though go into the new year still unbeaten!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 26 Dec 2022, 17:16

The first half we huffed and puffed but due to a lack of movement, in my opinion, cost us when in the final third.
Ironically when we went a goal behind we produced our best spell. Donnelly really trying to get us back into the game with some great crossing into Sutton's box. One particular cross coming from a ball played towards him which he never should have got to.but for his determined single mindedness he got to the byline and still got his cross over, for me, the best moment of the game just unlucky Hayward's header went just over.
Halesowen got back in the game not long after however that's were it ended and no house was blown down.
Back to the drawing board I'm afraid......😬

markb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by markb » 26 Dec 2022, 18:37

Oh dear ….. team who are top of the table and someone is calling for the managers head ….. madness

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Dec 2022, 18:50

Disagree with the comments on the management. Done a very good since coming in. We should have won today but the performance was OK and a point is better than nothing. I must add - for purposes of comparison - that we were far better today than our visit earlier in the season.

I like the addition of Sammo. He can be a bit mercurial (i.e. he does have a crap pass/shot in his locker) but his technique is superb and he does always look to pull the trigger. It’s a shame about what happened with Birchdog however this is a very good replacement, and the kind of player we have been lacking.

Lastly - I hate moaning about refs but there was a very poor decision in the first half. Was surely a penalty OR red card - we got neither.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Dec 2022, 18:54

Update: just seen the replay of the incident referred to above. Clearly outside the box. Should have been red though.

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 26 Dec 2022, 19:10

markb wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 18:37
Oh dear ….. team who are top of the table and someone is calling for the managers head ….. madness
We were top when they took over, by a much bigger margin which has now vanished

There’s issues from what I can see as to how we approach certain games, today was tactically a complete mess, our quality has got us through other games but the long punts up to nobody and moments of complete chaos as to what the plan is haven’t gone unnoticed. Was it an appointment to get us up or was it an appointment to keep the players happy and not interrupt the status quo? Time will tell.

Calling for heads? Not really. But I’m unimpressed and to put it simply we just have to go up, and anything that endangers that needs sorting. We’ve a comparatively huge playing budget which makes the job very attractive, yet we didn’t really look outside of the end of our noses.

Put it this way, if Paul decided he was ready to come back i’d have him back in a heartbeat, because if he goes elsewhere many of our players will be following him.

markb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by markb » 26 Dec 2022, 19:23

VanessaYeltz wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 19:10
markb wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 18:37
We were top when they took over, by a much bigger margin which has now vanished

There’s issues from what I can see as to how we approach certain games, today was tactically a complete mess, our quality has got us through other games but the long punts up to nobody and moments of complete chaos as to what the plan is haven’t gone unnoticed. Was it an appointment to get us up or was it an appointment to keep the players happy and not interrupt the status quo? Time will tell.

Calling for heads? Not really. But I’m unimpressed and to put it simply we just have to go up, and anything that endangers that needs sorting. We’ve a comparatively huge playing budget which makes the job very attractive, yet we didn’t really look outside of the end of our noses.

Put it this way, if Paul decided he was ready to come back i’d have him back in a heartbeat, because if he goes elsewhere many of our players will be following him.
And I suspect that’s exactly the reason the appointments were made

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 26 Dec 2022, 19:24

Which isn’t healthy

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Dec 2022, 19:37

piearce9 wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 18:54
Update: just seen the replay of the incident referred to above. Clearly outside the box. Should have been red though.
Yeah. I could see it was outside the box at the time, but surely as you say it must be a red card. I haven't seen a replay of it yet, but he was last man, wasn't he?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0