Yaxley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Dec 2022, 17:33

I’d say it’s been a bit more of a mixed bag, not meaning to sound negative and it certainly beats Club Call - “Live, as it happens, from The Grove”.

For my two groats, commentary is excellent, but no commentary is better than bad commentary.
The shorter the intros and outros, the better, and music is a curate’s egg.
Did I mention reading the players names off the screen?

It’s similar with BCR, I always tune in, and to live in an age when I can be half way around the world and getting commentary from matches in Division 8 is nothing short of miraculous.
But man, is it a hard listen sometimes.

I agree that we should never knock volunteers (although I don’t know if the radio comes under that banner now as it has paid advertising).
But constructive advice to those who also have their own reasons for doing these things, as it’s a great way to get into a dream career, is surely better and more meaningful than blanket praise.

But back to my main thrust, chapeau Mr Ponter.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 13 Dec 2022, 10:36

All my hard work on my posts and they have been deleted, can someone explain why? What are the rules for discussion and which ones did I fall foul off? Please explain #freedomofspeech

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Dec 2022, 10:44

I PM'd you when I did it. Happy to discuss on mail - guy_yeltz@hotmail.com or behind the goal at most matches.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Dec 2022, 16:16

Sorry YB, tl;dr.
Happy to take it offline either by mail or, better still, in person at the match.

MatthewPonter
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MatthewPonter » 13 Dec 2022, 22:03

YeltzDoc wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 14:02
As an aside to the thread creep, the quality of the YeltzTV videos and commentary from Matt Ponter are excellent, latest one here - https://youtu.be/1saJfLYGVIQ

I’ll guess that the commentary is dubbed on afterwards, but it’s very professional and wouldn’t look out of place on the telly.

He doesn’t even fall into BCRs favourite trap of giving the team lineups by reading a list of 32 names in a dull monotone. I miss it if anything…

I think that Matt was doing a sports media degree, which I’m guessing he’s now finished and is filling in with us while waiting for SkySports to swoop.

Top man, well done.
Thanks for the kind comments YD, it's great to be back with the Yeltz eight years after starting the project with Ben and Dan! I learnt a lot in my three years of uni, and it is great to apply every skill to a great club! Up the Yeltz!

MatthewPonter
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MatthewPonter » 13 Dec 2022, 22:05

piearce9 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 15:44
Agreed. Top man is Ponts and great to have his talents on Yeltz TV.

He was part of the original Yeltz TV set-up back in the day (maybe 6-7 years ago now? possibly even longer) and I think they've all gone on to have jobs in the world of media now they're all grown up. Not forgetting becoming prominent authors too.

We've been very lucky to have had a succession of talented people behind the Yeltz TV camera. Does huge amounts for the exposure of the club and no doubt helps get more people through the turnstile. Fairly sure we're best in class compared to the other local clubs.
The idea of being able to come home after a match, or not being able to get to an away day but still watch back all of the important bits is so important! Will be continuing with the content all season, and if not myself next season someone else will hopefully be able to continue the Yeltz TV Legacy

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Dec 2022, 22:25

MatthewPonter wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 22:05
piearce9 wrote:

He was part of the original Yeltz TV set-up back in the day (maybe 6-7 years ago now? possibly even longer) and I think they've all gone on to have jobs in the world of media now they're all grown up. Not forgetting becoming prominent authors too.

We've been very lucky to have had a succession of talented people behind the Yeltz TV camera. Does huge amounts for the exposure of the club and no doubt helps get more people through the turnstile. Fairly sure we're best in class compared to the other local clubs.
The idea of being able to come home after a match, or not being able to get to an away day but still watch back all of the important bits is so important! Will be continuing with the content all season, and if not myself next season someone else will hopefully be able to continue the Yeltz TV Legacy
Will be some act to follow. Great for us to have it. Cheers as always.👍
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 18 Dec 2022, 12:58

andy wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 22:25
MatthewPonter wrote:
piearce9 wrote:

Andy - Do you reckon Matt deserves a George for his efforts? Being the season of goodwill and all that. I'm seriously thinking so - one with tinsel ;)

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Dec 2022, 16:06

hello Westy, Sir.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Dec 2022, 19:55

Westyeltz wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 12:58
andy wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 22:25
MatthewPonter wrote:

Andy - Do you reckon Matt deserves a George for his efforts? Being the season of goodwill and all that. I'm seriously thinking so - one with tinsel ;)
Absolutely!!
You might actually consider giving him TWO!! It is Christmas after all.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0