Yaxley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley Updates

Post by drummyb » 10 Dec 2022, 18:42

YeltzDoc wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 15:22
I’ll trade you Yaxley for Woodall Services.
I’m on my 3rd AA man today now.
In some circles, you'd be considered as having quite an appetite :-\

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Dec 2022, 18:46

A crowd of 104. And id say we took about 50 of them. Terrible for Yaxley and god knows how they keep going. I suppose it is in the middle of nowhere but even so. Hard for them as a club

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Dec 2022, 19:11

drummyb wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 18:46
A crowd of 104. And id say we took about 50 of them. Terrible for Yaxley and god knows how they keep going. I suppose it is in the middle of nowhere but even so. Hard for them as a club
I guess most of their income comes from renting out the pitch during the week to local teams and money made from the bar during and after

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Dec 2022, 19:55

Rich wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 19:11
drummyb wrote:
I guess most of their income comes from renting out the pitch during the week to local teams and money made from the bar during and after
Youre probably right. Shite existence for a club at our level imho, because you cant ever really aim higher. I spent years in Cambs/norfolk with my other half. Its so isolated over there and they are atypical of that area. I said ages ago, I think theyre probably better suited to local leagues.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 11 Dec 2022, 07:54

Another win, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Exactly half way through season.

Absolutely incredible first half to the season, standard is extremely high and consistency of results is incredible. Carry this on second half and we will win this league, nothing to fear, let's do this together. There will be the odd wobble along the way I am sure but this is the time to get through all this together, no self destruct buttons when we lose the odd game or two

Stat alert. My gcse c grade maths tells me we average just over 7 points for every 3 games played. Now that ain't bad, what's not to like.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Dec 2022, 11:21

Good point from the never controversial YB.
At the halfway stage we should have played everyone once (actually Yaxley twice and SCT not at all, but close enough) and we’re top of the cup.
So in theory, do it again and job done. Especially as we’re unlikely to have the disruption of losing another manager between now and the last day (unless the wheels go really tits up).
Interestingly and encouragingly, we’ve played all the teams from 2nd to 6th away, so they all have to come to us, where we have a 100% record and crowds that are only going to get bigger if the waggon keeps rolling.

So, a half term report of, “Despite a couple of hiccups, on track for the expected result, A-”

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 11 Dec 2022, 13:30

drummyb wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 19:55
Rich wrote:
drummyb wrote:
Youre probably right. Shite existence for a club at our level imho, because you cant ever really aim higher. I spent years in Cambs/norfolk with my other half. Its so isolated over there and they are atypical of that area. I said ages ago, I think theyre probably better suited to local leagues.
I have said similar before and I will say it again imho i dont get or really like this slagging other clubs off for there facilities and in this case lack of support. It can come across as rather arrogant. Better to look at it like this - havent they done awfully well to get to where they are with the crowds they get, fair play to them and their small band of volunteers, non league clubs like this are the very foundation of the pyramid, without them we wouldnt have one.....we cant all be billy big bollocks of a club. Looks like they have been punching above their weight for some years and now its finally caught up with them, they will naturally find their level again. In the meantime without them and others we wouldnt have a league system to play in.......or it would be a system based on those with what some consider acceptable crowds??

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Dec 2022, 13:42

Well first off, I wasnt slagging them off. Not my bag either. I was pointing out that with the fan base they have, it will be hard for them to compete at our level and the East Anglian Leagues would be a more natural base for them.
Yes theyve done well but I wonder at what cost. If you choose to blindly optimistic about everything, crack on. However dont go putting thoughts into my words, that weren't actually said or meant.

And whilst not attending the Grove as often as most on here, I did start going again when the club was struggling and half the hangers on hadnt arrived. And will do when they go again. So Im afraid my bollocks are perfectly proprtioned, thank you very much.

"Superb little village club. Facilities are very good and best burger Ive had at a match. Have to admire clubs like this for being run so well.

Second visit...oh boy. Its gone a bit downhill in a year. Food was poor and the ground is looking like a building site. Such a shame"
Thats my google review at Yaxley. Were you there?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Dec 2022, 14:50

Yeltzbaby wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 07:54
Another win, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Exactly half way through season.

Absolutely incredible first half to the season, standard is extremely high and consistency of results is incredible. Carry this on second half and we will win this league, nothing to fear, let's do this together. There will be the odd wobble along the way I am sure but this is the time to get through all this together, no self destruct buttons when we lose the odd game or two

Stat alert. My gcse c grade maths tells me we average just over 7 points for every 3 games played. Now that ain't bad, what's not to like.
You're mad.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 11 Dec 2022, 18:01

Yeltzbaby wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 13:30
drummyb wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 19:55
Rich wrote:

I have said similar before and I will say it again imho i dont get or really like this slagging other clubs off for there facilities and in this case lack of support. It can come across as rather arrogant. Better to look at it like this - havent they done awfully well to get to where they are with the crowds they get, fair play to them and their small band of volunteers, non league clubs like this are the very foundation of the pyramid, without them we wouldnt have one.....we cant all be billy big bollocks of a club. Looks like they have been punching above their weight for some years and now its finally caught up with them, they will naturally find their level again. In the meantime without them and others we wouldnt have a league system to play in.......or it would be a system based on those with what some consider acceptable crowds??
Cant see anywhere where I said anything slagging off Yaxley or any other small clubs and certainly not sounding arrogant just because we have a bigger fan base.
Good business for them if they finding way to make extra cash for the club.