Atherstone Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Atherstone Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 07 Dec 2022, 22:02

juanillo wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 13:14
How was the match itself? Did we deserve to go through?

I guess it's only a low priority cup game but it looked like a fairly strong line up against mid table opponents at the step below.
I didn't go so can't comment, it's a win though and Craig Nicholls seemed happy enough to edge through.

I remember reading some time ago that with the BSC we have to have a number of players from the previous Saturday's squad in the squad for the BSC game. I can't remember for the life of me how many it needs to be though.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Dec 2022, 09:00

I’d never doubt an oracle such as yourself RobYeltz but, if that is a rule, it can’t apply to the pro teams, can it? Villa, Blues, etc, usually have a team in this competition but give it to the youth team, or for senior players looking to regain fitness.

I do remember this rule being used in the JPT (or whatever it is now) which led to the farcical situation of teams naming specific players to meet the obligation and then subbing them off in the first minute.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 Dec 2022, 12:47

Also recall that there used to be something that there was an incentive for professional clubs to stay in the Senior Cup because those matches counted towards suspensions. There was something about Rio Ferdinand returned to Premiership action sooner because of that loophle.

After that, suspensions changed so that they now read something like x first team games or for the like of us y Saturday football games (to make things even more odd this actually includes midweek games)

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 08 Dec 2022, 18:43

juanillo wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 21:29
Rich wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 17:50
Would be interesting to get some views.
Bit disappointing as Juanillo says playing a lower league team we didn't manage to score with that line up.
Chance to get that right on Saturday although I would be happy with a 1-0
I wouldn't be happy against Yaxley :D
The 3 points is most important but would really like a big win to increase our goal difference as the others are level with us now so getting +6 extra would be most welcome

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 09 Dec 2022, 08:23

Rich wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 18:43
The 3 points is most important but would really like a big win to increase our goal difference as the others are level with us now so getting +6 extra would be most welcome
Looking at the forecast, and assuming these plastic fantastics are all weather pitches, then tomorrow could be a great psychological advantage to us for the next two to three weeks with the forecast around. Stamford and Spalding are very unlikely to play unless they've all got blowtorches at the ready........... so a win tomorrow would see us top for Christmas barring the other plastics coming into play.......... (Boldmere have 2 home matches on the bounce, but the two mentioned are both playing on the proper stuff)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Dec 2022, 17:03

I think they just put a hairdryer on the plastic pitches and behold the frost is gone!! Id forgot Yaxley was plastic tbh but just remember it being an atypical Cambridgeshire village. Travelling from Nottingham to get there tomorrow. Such is my love :D