Stamford updates.

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford updates.

Post by GaryJ » 20 Nov 2022, 08:51

410viawednesbury wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:22
Can somebody tell me, why oh why do we persist in playing long balls to a forward line who are no taller than 5 foot?
Thanks in advance🤔
Agree. Same as last season route one which is not good, bypassing the midfield. You can’t play like that all the time and expect to win when we don’t play with a target man.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 20 Nov 2022, 09:00

The kids can definitely do worse. In fact, they did yesterday when Dexter came on. And with all due respect, 'they want it more' means precisely nothing. If I'm bowling to Joe Root, I might want it more but that won't help me when I'm shit and he isn't.

Regarding social media, for me the nub of it is this - if you want to be mates with the players in the bar, you can't then act like a premier league fan on twitter and then say 'I pay my money and I'm entitled to my opinion'. Of course you are, but no one likes reading shite about themselves on the Internet, especially when the same people notionally want to be friends. It's either or for me I'm afraid.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Nov 2022, 10:08

I thought Stamford edged it yesterday and there wasn't a great deal between the teams. Another poor referee, who for the second week running now was out of their depth and got big decisions wrong. How Hayward was even booked in the first half for an excellent, well-timed challenge is a joke, and this ultimately led him to be playing on a tight rope, by all accounts his second yellow was very debateable too. Yet their huge centre half was perfectly ok to smash Mini mac into the advertising boards with no repercussions and this allowed him a free hit on Platty to claim his yellow card. Small margins and all that and referee's decisions certainly aren't going our way at the moment.
I'm of the opinion though that when we're up against the big strong sides it's incredibly difficult to play all three of Insall, Mini Mac and Sim. I don't think Stamford had one player yesterday that was below 5ft 11 and on a pitch that required you to be a little more direct at times I felt it suited them better in playing to their strengths.
A long way to go and i'm sure lots of twists and turns to come...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Nov 2022, 11:04

GaryJ wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 08:44
lutleyyeltz wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 17:13
I had my doubts when we lost so poorly at Spalding, a few games ago. The players we have are not good enough to get us up . That is the bottom line. Sad to say, it’s time for some terrace heroes to move on . Season by season it’s going to get tougher to get out. At this rate, we will be away in the play offs . Over 400 away fans let down again. Not good enough.
I have to agree with you lutleyyeltz. In these games against the top teams we never look fit enough and they want it more. Shame we don’t give the younger players more of a chance which we never do, can they do much worse. Every week it’s the same tried and tested, at some point the wheels are going to come off.
You champion the younger kids a lot. Whether you watch them/have a vested interest, I dont know, but in BIG games, you dont want untested players thrown in as a gamble, unless you're 2 or 3 up.

The younger players Ive seen arent good enough as of yet, so Im afraid Im gonna have to disagree with your point. Thats not to say they cant have some role, but not a chance they can replace seasoned players.
I do agree though, that hoofing the ball up, has failed countless times. Its got to be pin point accurate, never is and easily defended against. Its ok as an occasional tactic, but we can pass it about so much better.