Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dereham Updates

Post by Yeltzbaby » 05 Nov 2022, 17:25

fairweatherfan wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 16:57
Yeltzbaby wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 16:55
Another 4 goals, another 3 points, still top, still best in the whole of the country at our level

Just not good enough - full stop 8)
If those things are still all true in three weeks' time you'll possibly have some converts. Until then...
Why what happens in 3 weeks? Don't be shy jump on the positive (and realistic) bandwagon now. You never know you just might enjoy it. Its truly liberating lol

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Nov 2022, 17:27

I think everyone will be happy today, although Dereham are poor. There were signs today a few players started to click. Midfield looks awesome and the two new signings look intelligent footballers.

Agree with Fairweather. Lets see how it looks, but for today, all positive.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 05 Nov 2022, 17:47

Great performance we look a decent side when we play on the floor. Donnelly looks a good signing and is going to be a handful. The next 3 games are massive.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2022, 18:01

drummyb wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 17:27
I think everyone will be happy today, although Dereham are poor. There were signs today a few players started to click. Midfield looks awesome and the two new signings look intelligent footballers.

Agree with Fairweather. Lets see how it looks, but for today, all positive.
This
Dazzie76 wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 17:47
Great performance we look a decent side when we play on the floor. Donnelly looks a good signing and is going to be a handful. The next 3 games are massive.
And this.

IMO we have to keep playing the ball on the deck like today, it causes teams so many more problems and we definitely have the personnel to do it. Donnelly has simply clicked us up another gear and on today's performance I would be more than happy if Tonge was able to stay longer. For me though among the others mentioned Hayward was the best player on the park. Ran the show. I know there will be MUCH tougher tests ahead but today's performance bode well.
I know Yeltzbaby is just on the wind up again and I love a laugh, but I'm just too bored of it now to respond.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 05 Nov 2022, 18:10

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 5th November 2022

Halesowen Town 4 Dereham Town 0

Top of the table Halesowen produced the early fireworks and cruised to a comfortable victory over in-form Dereham with three goals in the opening minutes, writes DJ.

The Yeltz management team were clearly full of optimism after the game. Craig Nicholls thought “it was a complete performance from start to finish. We’re playing positively, we’ve stepped up the tempo and are looking much quicker and sharper now.” Joint manager Martin Sockett chipped in with his praise - “I’m delighted, that’s seven wins from seven home games. We’ve put a good side to the sword today.”

Halesowen lit the fire on their victory by taking the lead after just 52 seconds when Simeon Cobourne did well to cross from the left for Kieren DONNELLY to net his third goal in his first two Halesowen games. Cobourne then shot at visiting goalkeeper Ross Bilham in the third minute.

The Yeltz increased their lead after just 12 minutes when impressive Donnelly surged forward from midfield and beat three players before returning Cobourne’s earlier favour to cross from the right for COBOURNE to calmly sidestep his nearest defender and fire home.

In one-way traffic, Halesowen made it 3-0 in the 18th minute when Dereham captain Dion Frary caught Donnelly from behind and Tom TURTON rocketed home the resulting penalty.

With Halesowen in full control, another Donnelly shot was turned away for a 21st minute corner and McKauley Manning beat the offside trap after 30 minutes but his right-wing cross just evaded Cobourne before Cobourne placed another effort just past the post from a 35th minute corner. Goalkeeper Bilham then made a great blocking save from Kieran Morris’s 37th minute shot and Bilham denied Josh Ezewele in front of goal seconds later.

Just before the interval, Dereham’s Ryan Swift hit just wide beyond outstretched home goalkeeper Dan Platt and Ezewele cleared off the line for the Yeltz after Mo Hassan turned to shoot from ten yards.

With then points already safe, there were fewer chances in the second period and home goalkeeper Platt was tested by a couple of efforts from the Magpies, firstly in the 47th minute and then in the 67th minute from Luke Johnson down the left.

Halesowen were always in command though and new full-back Oscar Tonge – on-loan from Peterborough United – made a good 48th minute tackle before his cross was turned just past the post by Donnelly. COBOURNE grabbed his second goal of the game to make it 4-0 in the 57th minute when he neatly lifted the ball over Bilham after Manning’s neat flick beat the offside trap.

Cobourne just missed out on his hat-trick as he struck the bar from a wide angle in the 62nd minute. Cobourne then rolled the ball into the side-netting after he wriggled free in the 81st minute and put the ball just wide when free on goal yet again in the 86th minute.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Oscar Tonge, Tom Turton (Moussa Koita 49), Kieran Morris, Rob Evans (c), Kieran Donnelly (Dexter Dudley-Toole 64), Nathan Hayward, McKauley Manning, Bradley Birch (Richard Gregory 76), Simeon Cobourne. Subs Not Used: Daniel Brookes, Max Morris.

Dereham Town: Ross Bilham; Chris Greenslade, Danno White (Oli Yun 58), Kai Thurston, Dion Frary (c), Richard Black, Luke Johnson, Louis Henman-Mason (Joe Gascoigne 46), Mo Hassan (Alfie Mattocks 66), Henry Clark, Ryan Swift. Sub Not Used: Harvey Gilham.

Referee: Brandon Scaife Attendance: 1,087
Booked: Koita (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Craig and Liv Beatrup: Simeon Cobourne

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 05 Nov 2022, 18:36

Been lacking the photo mojo recently, but i someone likes these https://adobe.ly/3FNWPaf

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 05 Nov 2022, 18:50

Good work, Kevin. Great photos.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 05 Nov 2022, 19:09

A complete performance in the first half. Second half I felt the foot had come off the gas a little.
Man of the match, for me, was Bradley Birch.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Nov 2022, 19:17

410viawednesbury wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:09
A complete performance in the first half. Second half I felt the foot had come off the gas a little.
Man of the match, for me, was Bradley Birch.
Last two games Ive seen him play he has been M.o.M....the only concern for me is temperament. He had a wrestle with another player today, that couldve gone wrong if the ref clocked it. I love the fact that he is 100% full blooded, but it worries me when he has a roll around with someone. He would be a big loss if suspended/ sent off. Only speculation, I know but he literally plays box to box.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 05 Nov 2022, 19:52