Dereham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dereham Updates

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2022, 20:53

410viawednesbury wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:09
A complete performance in the first half. Second half I felt the foot had come off the gas a little.
Man of the match, for me, was Bradley Birch.
Shows it was a good team performance when everyone is picking a different MOTM.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Nov 2022, 08:28

I was thinking yesterday the young number 3 Tongue was close to my MOM, and having just watched the highlights I haven’t changed my mind. Involved in most of the important play down that left with great vision.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 06 Nov 2022, 09:39

410viawednesbury wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:09
A complete performance in the first half. Second half I felt the foot had come off the gas a little.
Agree with this.
Not a bad idea though, kill games off with a first half performance like yesterday then give players a rest who maybe carrying slight knocks and it gives fringe players a game.
Works well to hopefully keep injuries down and players game time.

Tough one yesterday for MOM but think would give to Haywood for his work rate. I dont like criticizing players but haven't seen anything this year from Toole to see he up to the standard we after.

2 big away games to come and credit to the new Management team we cant be going into these games with anymore confidence than we have and 2 good new signings in the squad

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Nov 2022, 10:00

In fairness to DDT, he's a young lad to play in games like yesterday for 20 mins or so. Still got a lot to learn and the team seem to accept him for it.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Nov 2022, 20:02

It’s a bit of a strange one with DDT - he’s clearly a defender but we seem intent on playing him in the forward line. Maybe he scored a screamer in training one time.

The subs quietened the game a bit yesterday although when you’re 4-0 up it does make perfect sense to change things about.

I was hugely impressed with Donnelly - I was under the impression he was more of a defensive player but he caused no end of problems and would appear to plug the Holmes gap but in a different mould.

Similarly the young lad at left back had a very solid debut.

Three very tough games coming up - exciting stuff. And another huge crowd!

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 07 Nov 2022, 10:56

drummyb wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 10:00
In fairness to DDT, he's a young lad to play in games like yesterday for 20 mins or so. Still got a lot to learn and the team seem to accept him for it.
Very true. I would like to have seen Max Morris get a run out too, to get some minutes especially when we were 4-0 up.