Sheepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sheepshed Updates

Post by Josh1873 » 31 Oct 2022, 09:55

A very good comeback win, and a really entertaining game with a goal from Manning that wouldn't look out of place at the forthcoming morally bankrupt World Cup.

I'll be brutal here (No doubt Yeltz Baby will have a field day with this post, sorry!), but there have been times this season where I have questioned the work rate, desire and the want to outfight opponents this season. There are large parts of games (and indeed whole games - Romulus, Sutton and Boldmere) where the opposition simply do those three key aspects of the game much better than us. This was evident, especially in the first half on Saturday (and large parts of the game against Yaxley, Corby and Shepshed). But we managed to somehow find something from somewhere and snatch a win.

To comeback on multiple occasions in the game shows character and heart. But do we see those qualities often enough? I don't think we do.

I'm confused as to how to analyse this. On one hand we play and show very little for a good portion of the match, but then show a glimpse of the fight and work rate I expect to see that gets us the points. We're top of the table, and in a good position to go on to win the league. Positive, right?

I guess the very late nature of the wins creates a buzz of positivity, and yes, even I was buzzing at the win Saturday. But part of me feels like the way we are playing the majority of the matches isn't sustainable long term. Neither is our threadbare squad. We need reinforcements ASAP.

I'm very conflicted at the moment, because despite the reasons to be positive I just feel like something isn't quite clicking.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 31 Oct 2022, 17:09

I won't have a field day with your post at all, as we recognised weeks ago everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I guess it yet again comes down to glass half full or half empty. Take what we have, enjoy it. Don't let concerns of what might happen ruin or taint it.

For me we start getting concerned if we aren't winning and we are say heaven forbid 6th!!

Enjoy every win and enjoy being top

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Oct 2022, 20:03

Yeltzbaby wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 17:09
I won't have a field day with your post at all, as we recognised weeks ago everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I guess it yet again comes down to glass half full or half empty. Take what we have, enjoy it. Don't let concerns of what might happen ruin or taint it.

For me we start getting concerned if we aren't winning and we are say heaven forbid 6th!!

Enjoy every win and enjoy being top
I do get your point here and your train of thought. But its alien to me as my pessimism may be to you. I dont think anyone needs to justify their opinions to anyone here in cyberland. I respect you trying to understand Andy's post earlier. I dont think we need to get touchy with each other. It solves nowt and we all want the same thing after all.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Oct 2022, 20:37

I must be mad for being drawn into this pointless conversation, but my point is, and I don't know why I'm bothering making it because it's obvious, it doesn't matter what position your club is in the table when discussing a game. If the game is utterly shite but you remain top I'm not going to celebrate it. By yeltzbabys reasoning if we were bottom and had a blinder, we could not be overjoyed with it because we are still bottom and the stats say we are the worst team on the planet. And that's all that matters....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 31 Oct 2022, 20:42

I just think it’s lovely that you’ve both made a new friend.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Oct 2022, 20:45

andy wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 20:37
I must be mad for being drawn into this pointless conversation, but my point is, and I don't know why I'm bothering making it because it's obvious, it doesn't matter what position your club is in the table when discussing a game. If the game is utterly shite but you remain top I'm not going to celebrate it. By yeltzbabys reasoning if we were bottom and had a blinder, we could not be overjoyed with it because we are still bottom and the stats say we are the worst team on the planet. And that's all that matters....
Looking forward to Christmas this year, fella?? ;D ;)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Oct 2022, 20:45

YeltzDoc wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 20:42
Look theres enough love in here for everyone ;D

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Nov 2022, 08:42

YeltzDoc wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 20:42
Shut it!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Nov 2022, 08:59

Regardless of how full one's cup is, I'm sure we can all appreciate and enjoy the fact we are currently 23 points ahead of Chasetown.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Nov 2022, 09:02

piearce9 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 08:59
we are currently 23 points ahead of Chasetown.
it should be 26 :P