Yeltzbaby wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 19:24
See panic over

We just beat a top side. GREAT RESULT TOP OF LEAGUE - STILL

p11 w9 l2.....what's all the fuss.

Now we win together we LOSE together
Both Spalding and Stamford are unbeaten with games in hand ;) ;D ;D ;D
Im teasing. loooong way to go
Last edited by drummyb on 15 Oct 2022, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corby Updates

Post by andy » 15 Oct 2022, 19:50

drummyb wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 19:49
Yeltzbaby wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 19:24
See panic over

We just beat a top side. GREAT RESULT TOP OF LEAGUE - STILL

p11 w9 l2.....what's all the fuss.

Now we win together we LOSE together
Both Spalding and Stamford are unbeaten with gamea in hand ;) ;D ;D ;D
Im teasing. loooong way to go

And that's what we need now. Consistency.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 15 Oct 2022, 19:58

I would say winning 9 from 11 is consistent. Wouldn't you :D

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 15 Oct 2022, 20:38

Thoroughly entertaining game and well done to the Corby players (not their idiot fans) for coming to play today. Think they saw our week of tribulations and fancied exploiting us.
With better finishing we would and should have been out of sight. Not really sure on any of the penalty decisions (to me looked like the one on Insall when through in the first half looked best shout).
A great strike got them back into it and you felt a second may come.
With 92 mins on the clock I was on for 10 fantasy points which I thought was a small consolation.
What an end though and will like to see penalty again as looked vary harsh on them from my viewpoint.
What a cool finish though and a wonderfully celebrated.

Pity about the Fans though who you sensed from 2.30 onwards were just here to try and cause trouble.

Only concern was we looked light on the bench today (experience wise). Presume Gregs was injured? Where was the other new guy, Kelly and Smith.

This one was for the Gaffer and shows the players DO have what is needed . Onwards to next week and another entertaining afternoon with 3 points at the end of it hopefully

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 15 Oct 2022, 20:51

Thought we had more pace about us today without Greggs and was noticable that Birch (who had one of his better games today) got past the front 2 when possible. Manning looked more comfortable and moved the ball well and Hayward who was my MOM showed why we have missed him the past few games

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Oct 2022, 20:57

Yeltzbaby wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 19:58
I would say winning 9 from 11 is consistent. Wouldn't you :D
I know you're having a joke, but we were the length of injury time away from 4 defeats in 5. Now we must kick on and show some of the horror shows we've had are in the past. We most definitely CAN do it, we most definitely MUST do it!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 15 Oct 2022, 20:58

to put the game into perspective, if the ref had not wrongfully waved aside two penalty appeals and Sterling, I mean Colbourne , had have scored just one of his chances, we would have been out of sight before half time with an unassailable lead that no even we would have squandered.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 16 Oct 2022, 11:17

Somewhat a strange game, played well for 70 mins and should have been out of sight with the amount of chances we created, then switched off to concede two and looked like we were heading to another defeat, then great character shown to come back at the end. Possibly slightly fortunate with the penalty but had earlier shouts too although as earlier mentioned all the shouts were dubious and wasn’t sure about any of them personally.

It would have been a travesty to have lost it but maybe lucky to have won it in the way we did. However we should have been out of sight. But great to get the win though!

On another note, the 1,218 attendance was magnificent and unreal at this level of football. The less said about the few moronic Corby idiots the better.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 17 Oct 2022, 09:39

Attendance figure was great and again a very positive indicator of just how we have progressed and all the positives we now have.

Corbys few idiot fans - all clubs have them when a few shandies to many have been consumed. Shame all round.

Carry on our early season form and we will finish on approx 110pts enough to win any league I recon. Keep going boys a great start to our league campaign, can't ask for much more.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 17 Oct 2022, 11:35

it’s just been pointed out on Twatterbook that of the 160 sides in the country at our level we are top scorers at 29 😳