Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by juanillo » 11 Oct 2022, 21:56

Added to the two cup debacles, this league form against any team which happens to be reasonably capable is indeed concerning.

So Boldmere just 2 points behind and Stamford won at Chasetown to close the gap to a point with a game in hand.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Oct 2022, 22:28

Long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away, long ball, headed away.
Clueless post? Sorry I had no plan B.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Oct 2022, 22:30

Agree with the last three comments. Ill give credit to Boldmere who I thought were superb and worked well. I dont think we were dreadful but we werent good enough. Boldmere were first to every ball and Im not sure if we're just a bit too lightweight. Platty kept out a couple more and while we got into the box it fizzled out. Again the hoof into the channels didnt work all night and to say we had three up top it just didnt happen.
Baffling.
The two new lads looked decent though

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Oct 2022, 22:51

I agree that Boldmere did work hard and close us down quickly and won every second ball and every header and created far more chances etc, etc. And any side that does that we can't compete with. Maybe I have set my sights unrealistically high but we should not be saying that against the liked of Boldmere, Sutton and Romulus. That's not being disrespectful to those teams (well maybe it is), but I suspect our budget blows theirs out of the water, our attendances are ten times theirs and we are a far bigger club. I think it's time to lower expectations and be glad if we make the play offs.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Oct 2022, 23:04

Possibly. Realistically we will win games and we will lose games. I think we expect and should expect promotion though.
As you say, I dont think it unrealistic to expect us to out money the clubs you mention but I think we dont have any midfield muscle at the minute. When we click its superb to watch, but for every two games like that we get a game like tonight or Romulus, where we look bang average. I really dont know why, other than maybe we arent as good as some of the other teams we face.
Puzzled.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Oct 2022, 23:09

drummyb wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 23:04
I really dont know why, other than maybe we arent as good as some of the other teams we face.
Puzzled.
Nail. Head.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Oct 2022, 23:12

The puzzle for me is why did we use to play football and now we don't. The midfield might as well not exist.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 11 Oct 2022, 23:44

Well that was just utter dross tonight. Not a performance of a side that is going to win the league at all. It’s ok thinking we are all brilliant beating the like of Daventry and Yaxley in this league but seems that anyone half decent we come up against and we struggle, and not only have they lost but been heavily or embarrassingly beaten.

Big questions need to be asked of everyone. Do we want to get promoted or what, because something needs to change as HMS Piss the League is currently treading water and on the verge of sinking like the Titanic.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 12 Oct 2022, 05:54

Always going to be tough tonight neil Kitchings sides are always organised and hard to beat and will be one of the sides we will be competing for a play off place for come the end of season. Corby Saturday will be another need to put some points on the board before some tough fixtures in November.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Oct 2022, 07:53

We miss the drive from midfield supplied by the two JH's.
Hawker and Holmes.
Thoughts?