Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by TractionJackson » 13 Oct 2022, 15:10

Unless it's a positive one then they get patronised and told theirs is "very much in the minority" or get accused of being related to a player.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Oct 2022, 15:18

this really isn't helping the situation, so play nicely everyone

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Oct 2022, 15:48

TractionJackson wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 15:10
Unless it's a positive one then they get patronised and told theirs is "very much in the minority" or get accused of being related to a player.
'accused' 😂😂😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 13 Oct 2022, 16:22

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 13 Oct 2022, 16:50

I haven't seen anyone claim to be an expert on this forum? We're just a bunch of boring, miserable, old men (In my case young-ish) making realistic and well-reasoned comments on the action we've seen on a Tue/Sat. Some posters are more positive than others, but there's always good debate on offer. I'm not sure there's a need to make something out of nothing.

There's nothing that's said on here that hasn't been said in the pub face-to-face between friends, and I'm guessing the dressing room between players/staff.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Oct 2022, 18:30

Let's not make out that this was the consensus position. It may have been a consensus amongst a section of the fanbase, but there were plenty who would rather Paul Smith had remained. We average c.900 at home, and it's not a discrete 900. Regular attendees will be closer to 1500. Some shout very loud on social media, but that doesn't make them the voice of the fans. That said, I do understand the frustrations given some of the performances and I didn't enjoy the near certainty of turning up to the big games expecting to lose, but I'd rather he'd have stayed and I know lots of others who feel the same.

Three words for everyone: Rob and Larry. It has been much, much worse in very recent memory.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Oct 2022, 19:34

I think we should just accept his decision and not turn it into a civil war. I truly understand both sides, but the man has left through grief. Lets respect that and not turn it into who said and did what.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 13 Oct 2022, 20:21

I think a lot of debate on here is very well balanced. Poor results and performances are rightly criticized but doesn't turn into a slagging off session.
Players who have good games are praised and tactics under performers are also discussed.

Things are much worse and frankly embarrassing on other media outlets which I have visited maybe twice this season.

it is good to get the insight from the very old timers who were watching when candles were used in the floodlights and also the new comers.

I stood by the dugouts so I could listen to Paul as sometimes he was as entertaining as the game!!!

One thing I am sure about though is we have an excellent board and have full confidence they will replace Paul with the very best available.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 13 Oct 2022, 20:34

Tbh standing by the dugout during the John Hill / Matty Clarke era was a guilty pleasure of mine. I've never heard Paul call one of the opposition players a tramp, get sent off for throwing a punch or scare a lino into swapping sides though.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Oct 2022, 22:31

drummyb wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 19:34
I think we should just accept his decision and not turn it into a civil war. I truly understand both sides, but the man has left through grief. Lets respect that and not turn it into who said and did what.
Sensible comment in fairness. Just feel uncomfortable with people claiming it as vindication for their point of view.