Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by BartleyYeltz » 12 Oct 2022, 21:02

The thing for me is how PS couldn’t see we were getting comfortably outrun in midfield 2nd half. Why didn’t he drop one of the strikers back in making a 3?
The No. 6 & 7 for them completely tore us apart and we had no answer for it.
Another thing I thought last night was how quite our fans were but more importantly the players. Nobody was talking to each other, no geeing up, no organisation just a really flat performance. Maybe we all turned up just expecting a victory.

All credit to BSM tho, I thought they were excellent all round, apart from some poor finishing it could of and should of been about 4 or 5.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Oct 2022, 22:06

Yeltzbaby wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:00
No sure if I am in minority, thats subjective as only a very small percentage of fans post on social media.

Also think about it this way....what do you think the players think after giving us fans a return of p10 w8 l2 apologies to keep stating it but it's fact. Giving us fans a return for their efforts of top of the league and (if you are correct) most fans think it simply isn't good enough and we need to improve this, that and the other etc - how would you feel as a player??? How would it make you feel?

Come on perspective please folks
Don't take offence from this but I have to ask. Quite a few times in the past when someone posts for the first time and are doing so in defence of the players, they have been a relation or friend. As I say, if not please don't take offence. By your own admission there was a lot of discontent amongst the fans last night so it doesn't seem to be only the 'small percentage of fans who post on social media'. Don't get me wrong, I hope your optimism proves to be right, but at this moment in time I don't feel we are good enough. By quite a way.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Oct 2022, 22:22

Ah, hello everyone. I am also new to this forum but have been a fan for many years. I just happened to be passing by and thought I’d write a quick comment.

I just wanted to say what fantastic points piearce9 makes and what a credit he is to this fan base. I also think he is very handsome and those that have called him “a pasty-faced grey-haired idiot” should hang their heads and perhaps send him some money as an apology.

Like I say, brand new in here but been a supporter for many years.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Oct 2022, 22:22

piearce9 wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 22:22
Ah, hello everyone. I am also new to this forum but have been a fan for many years. I just happened to be passing by and thought I’d write a quick comment.

I just wanted to say what fantastic points piearce9 makes and what a credit he is to this fan base. I also think he is very handsome and those that have called him “a pasty-faced grey-haired idiot” should hang their heads and perhaps send him some money as an apology.

Like I say, brand new in here but been a supporter for many years.
Ah goddammit, sent it off the wrong account :(

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Oct 2022, 00:46

I can just about manage to get out of bed!! So there was method in the madness, rather than just hit and hope. As I said, Ive not seen it work and Im not a huge fan of it. The balls gotta be pinpoint and the defence crap. That wasnt the case.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Oct 2022, 08:47

piearce9 wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 22:22

Ah goddammit, sent it off the wrong account :(
Don't do that on twitter whatever you do else you'll be forced to go private............ :P

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 13 Oct 2022, 09:58

8 league wins in 10, yes. But it's also 3 defeats in 4. The majority of fans (certainly those behind the goal) rightly showed concern. It's not just the numbers, though. It's the woeful manor of each defeat. We couldn't lay a glove on the opposition in each of those defeats. And dare I question the players attitudes during those matches? (Why not? Paul Smith has!). There has been little fight or determination to get a result. There's a post above questioning the vocal support on Tuesday. It works both ways, players need to give fans something to sing about!

We've had a good start, but it's just that, a start. We had a good start last season, and the wheels came off. We've been here before and lessons aren't being learnt, as far as I can tell. Teams go through bad patches and runs, I accept that. No team is perfect and wins every game. But this is different, isn't it? It's very much Déjà vu. Maybe myself, and the fans need to lower expectations? Maybe we should be concentrating on finishing in the play-off places, and leave other teams to battle for automatic promotion?

That being said, we're in a strong position, and there's no reason why we can't regroup, make small changes to squad and tactics, kick on, and go on and win the league. However, I can't see it happening, unfortunately. Something isn't quite right with the current set up. We do not feel like a team. We've gone stale.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 13 Oct 2022, 11:23

Ah well now Paul's left hopefully one of the experts on here can step up and take over.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 13 Oct 2022, 13:18

Good luck with your future endeavours Paul.
Thanks for the memories.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Oct 2022, 15:02

TractionJackson wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 11:23
Ah well now Paul's left hopefully one of the experts on here can step up and take over.
People are allowed opinions.