Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Oct 2022, 12:59

First time poster and probably classed as a 'part time' yeltz fan compared to some on here.......respect all your opinions and as fans I appreciate, we all get rather 'emotional' over our sides performances, especially right after the final whistle.

But jeeezee some of the stuff I have read (especially on clubs twitter page) and heard towards the end of last nights game, takes some beating, things like 'time for a change' etc. We seem to have a growing number of fans that from win a game - we are brilliant world beaters, to lose a game - we are absolutely useless everything is wrong, and half the team and management need to go.

Take a chill pill and a very deep breath. P10 W8 L2. 99% of clubs from any level up and down the country would swap places with Halesowen in a heart-beat.

I get things can always be improved, shit happens and the team doesn't always play to their potential but I fear for a growing number of fans that unless we play like Brazil and batter every side 4/5/6 nil then there not happy. Be careful about what you wish for. Halesowen clearly have owners who care and invest in the club, a top manager, and a side with the talent to win the league - and their current position in the league suggests nothing different.

In was at the game last night and what should also be factored in is that Halesowen home and away for many clubs/all clubs in this league will be their cup final, the game/s they really want to shine in, it's their time in the spotlight. So, Halesowen in effect play a cup final every game. Boldmere were excellent last night, energetic, clearing buzzing and fired up - do you think they would have been like that if it was Yaxley they were playing, of course not and that's no disrespect to Boldmere that's human nature. Yes it's up to Halesowen to step up and match other sides but sometimes it won't happen, you can't beat everyone all the time.

So chill, enjoy the season, continue to back the team - results are ALL that ever matter, A reminder P10 W8 L2 what more do you want??

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Oct 2022, 13:27

We've won 8 yes, but at least half of those were against teams that the top teams will invariably and comfortably beat as well. The matches against Boldmere and Spalding are better indicators of how we are going to do and it doesn't augur well on that basis.

The cup defeats against Sutton (doubt if they'll challenge at the top) and Romulus (a run of the mill team form the league below) were also inexplicably poor.

For a club with the resources and advantages we presumably have, the squad doesn't seem deep enough or we lack game-changers.

I've said it before, but is it just me who thinks we don't have enough pace? Cobourne and Manning when he's back up to speed maybe, but at this level pace makes a huge difference. When we can play around teams or we just come up against the teams that all the top teams will beat anyway then fine, but against better or even just organised teams, it looks too ponderous.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Oct 2022, 13:48

I remember reading this forum a few matches into the season with comments like - we definitely have more strength in depth, we have far more physical present than last season, we have a much better balance and so on.

Now I repeat P10 W8 L2

And fans are now saying, we only beat sides lower down, we don't play well enough even when we win, we haven't got a good enough squad, we will struggle

P10 W8 L2

Come on I get its all about opinions but this is plain irrational....

Yes there are areas for improvement but gosh just imagine if we weren't top, or dare I even say it 3rd or 4th at this stage and maybe we hadn't taken 24 points from 30......

Armeggedan would be happening Lol

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Oct 2022, 14:03

Isn't it refreshing to get a breadth of opinions from first time posters in here today.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Oct 2022, 17:00

Definitely. And some fair points all round. Except Twitter. Its full of swivel eyed loons and should be ignored.

I get the point about winning and losing and the over-reaction sometimes. It was interesting to hear Martin Socketts view on youtube. Particularily that the players were low after the game. So it aint just the fans.

I will say that by and large, I think the posts here are measured and thoughtful. We can only say what we see and feel, and no-one will say its great when we lose. I still whole heartedly beleive, as a collective, we're still feeling the knock on from last season, after being cheated by covid. I still maintain the goal is promotion and nothing else will suffice. ( Even though i dont mind this league and I dont think the gap between is huge). No pressure though 😁

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Oct 2022, 18:03

You're right yeltzbaby, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours though is currently very much in the minority. The trend we are currently seeing is not good. You've quoted the win ratio and I'll quote a ratio.
Performances
First eight games ( I didn't see the Gresley game but apparently we were ok). So 7 decent performances and 1 awful.
Last 5 games. 4 poor to very poor performances and a flattering ok at Daventry.
We've seen this before and I hope the trend is bucked on Saturday.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Oct 2022, 20:00

No sure if I am in minority, thats subjective as only a very small percentage of fans post on social media.

Also think about it this way....what do you think the players think after giving us fans a return of p10 w8 l2 apologies to keep stating it but it's fact. Giving us fans a return for their efforts of top of the league and (if you are correct) most fans think it simply isn't good enough and we need to improve this, that and the other etc - how would you feel as a player??? How would it make you feel?

Come on perspective please folks

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 12 Oct 2022, 20:11

If Mr Smith reads this forum can I say this............just get the team playing football on the deck like they have done before.
We've done it before we can do it again.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Oct 2022, 20:28

410viawednesbury wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:11
If Mr Smith reads this forum can I say this............just get the team playing football on the deck like they have done before.
If you listen to MS, he explains it. I personally dont like it and have yet to see it work

https://youtu.be/HRLiUxKiI_c

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 12 Oct 2022, 20:40

drummyb wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:28
410viawednesbury wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:11
If you listen to MS, he explains it. I personally dont like it and have yet to see it work

https://youtu.be/HRLiUxKiI_c
That's why I'm not a manager ;D
Paul Smith has got his reasons for playing that way and by the sounds of it played that system due to Boldmere's direct style. He obviously showed due diligence to set Halesowen up the way he did, it just didn't work, as you said.
But, like I say, I'm no manager.