Yaxley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley Updates

Post by piearce9 » 17 Sep 2022, 17:53

A poor performance in all honesty. Lacked fluidity, and our touch and passing was all over the shop. I feel for the people who had to pick Man of the Match - Gregs was probably the right call because at least he was out of position.

Of course, it didn’t really matter as Yaxley were not the greatest and didn’t really set up to frustrate us.

Today did reveal a lack of depth behind the favoured starting XI - we missed Manning enormously today. And as much as I don’t want to rock the boat on an excellent start we may need an extra face or two for competition on places.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 17 Sep 2022, 17:57

Yes the second half was a bit underwhelming especially at 3-0 at half time, and they are the division's 'whipping boys'. However I guess sometimes when you're comfortably ahead, the drive and concentration levels can drop off.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Sep 2022, 18:00

drummyb wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 17:02
At work today, Im guessing we went 5 2 3....or something. Maybe??? Pleasing win it appears but then Yaxley arent one of the leading lights.

Howd we play?
After a slow start we started to show the difference between top and bottom of the table. Got three and could have had more. Then half time came. Not sure what was in the orange juice. Second half was the worst this season discounting the Romulus game. We still created a couple of decent chances and hit the bar but we allowed Yaxley a good number as well. Far too many unforced errors and looked lethargic to be honest. It might have been a good opportunity to put a real marker down and get a hatful but it never looked likely. Missed Holmes because of not having Manning to take up his role, there was no spark in midfield. Still if I'm having a little grumble after a 3-0 win we can't be doing too bad. Onwards!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 17 Sep 2022, 18:06

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 17th September 2022

Halesowen Town 3 Yaxley 0

Halesowen made it a magnificent seven league wins in a row to maintain their 100% start to the season in the top-club against bottom-club clash, writes DJ.

After hitting three first-half goals, Yeltz manager Paul Smith insisted he was really pleased with the afternoon’s work. “It’s another win, another clean sheet and it keeps us top of the table with seven wins out of seven. Yaxley did well in the second period but we still created lots of chances in front of another fantastic crowd of over a thousand.”

Prior to the kick-off a minute’s silence was observed as a mark of respect in remembrance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who died on Thursday, 8th September, aged 96.

It took the Yeltz just 8 minutes to take the lead when Josh Ezewele crossed from the right for Richard SMITH to be sharpest to the ball and convert past goalkeeper Aaron Butcher from close range. Richard GREGORY slotted home an 18th minute penalty to make it 2-0, sending Butcher the wrong way, after Hamilton Bunga brought down Jamie Insall.

The Cuckoos went close in the 27th minute but home goalkeeper Dan Platt made a good low save from Dan Cotton to turn the ball around the post for a corner.

Simeon Cobourne squandered a couple of good opportunities to increase the lead. Firstly, he was put free on goal by Richard Smith in the 24th minute but Butcher grabbed the ball at Cobourne’s feet and, secondly, he struck the side-netting from a wide angle after being put through again after 36 minutes. But COBOURNE soon added a third goal just a minute before the interval when he made no mistake in beating Butcher after latching onto another ball through the heart of the Yaxley defence.

Yaxley ventured further forward in the second period to create several good half-chances and Cotton fired a 54th minute effort just past the post. By contrast, the Yeltz were unable to add to their tally in a far more lack-lustre second period, being somewhat profligate with the chances that came their way.

Halesowen’s Nathan Hayward missed a free header in front of goal from Josh Quaynor’s 51st minute free-kick and Insall blazed over the bar in the 61st minute from 8 yards out after Cobourne fed the ball through. The Yeltz came closest to finding a fourth goal when Gregory’s 75th minute shot rebounded off the crossbar. Late on, Hayward struck over the bar again in the 86th minute and visiting goalkeeper Butcher made a good blocking save from home substitute Matt Funge deep into added time.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Tom Turton, Kieran Morris, Rob Evans (c) (Nat Kelly 68), Richard Smith (Matt Funge 77), Nathan Hayward, Jamie Insall, Richard Gregory, Simeon Cobourne. Subs Not Used: Asa Charlton, Papy Brandon Mossini.

Yaxley: Aaron Butcher; John-Paul Duncliffe, Jesse Airen, Toby Salmon, Frazer Garner (Edgar Silva-Morais 74), Hamilton Bunga, Diadier Camara, Liam Hook, Thomas Waumsley, Dan Cotton (c), Luke Harris. Subs Not Used: Emmanuel Osilaja, James Hamill, Lewis Baughan, Joshua Hales.

Referee: Sam Wesson Attendance: 1,015
Booked: Bunga (18), Evans (57), Hayward (66), Airen (72), Harris (79)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Nigel Moseley: Richard Gregory

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Sep 2022, 18:20

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it a lot. :)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 18 Sep 2022, 08:15

Yesterday's attendance!!! :o

Hardly what you would call a massive game either.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 18 Sep 2022, 08:56

I always think these games are the hardest mentally on players. Expected to win and then taking a 3 goal lead without really breaking sweat was always going to be a strange second half. What is important is 3 points to keep the momentum going.
Also I keep hearing about a lack of strength in depth, but isn’t that exactly what caused Paul problems last season? We had three or four quality players on the bench, and having to keep them sweet by chopping and changing caused inconsistency

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Sep 2022, 10:13

old git wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 08:56
I always think these games are the hardest mentally on players. Expected to win and then taking a 3 goal lead without really breaking sweat was always going to be a strange second half. What is important is 3 points to keep the momentum going.
Also I keep hearing about a lack of strength in depth, but isn’t that exactly what caused Paul problems last season? We had three or four quality players on the bench, and having to keep them sweet by chopping and changing caused inconsistency
Yeah I agree with the last part. That was the issue last year. I think the squad size is just right Any injuries, I suspect we'll cover with loans etc.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Sep 2022, 10:22

I presume Birch is injured as not figured at all the last 2 games ?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Sep 2022, 13:06

We have to get away from the idea that teams are going to fold just because they are playing at The Grove.
Yes, we're a damned good side, but that raises the opposition's morale inasmuch as they're not going down without a fight.
I, like a few others thought that we should have had a hatful of goals yesterday but, as in all sports, you can only play as well as the opposition will let you.
Yaxley showed a lot of spirit in the second half and played some decent stuff at
times. A good job their finishing left a lot to be desired!
Another 3 points, unbeaten in 7 and a clean sheet. Not bad, methinks.