Yaxley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley Updates

Post by drummyb » 18 Sep 2022, 13:22

Also spot on. 3-0 and 3 points. Cant comment on the game but Im more than happy.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Sep 2022, 15:56

Gaffer's thoughts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZudPjT3OMA

Pretty stodgy 2nd half but never a better time to throw in a sub-par 45 mins than when 3 up at home to the bottom of the league side.

He seemed a bit tetchy imo and he still doesn't want that Fab.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Sep 2022, 21:05

I said on Tuesday night that I thought the squad was absolutely spot on, in terms of size and balance. Definitely helps playing the same formation as well.

Holmes’s departure does create a few (small) issues though. It means we rely heavily on Mini Mac to be the creative force in midfield - yesterday proved that. It also l means we lose some cover for Sim or Jamie. Holmes could shuffle up and play that wide forward role, and it gave us a bit of backup in that position.

Not a major issue though and I would expect an extra head to come in, either in a new player or by bringing Bailey Fuller back.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Sep 2022, 21:50

A bench of Kelly, Birch, Redhead, Smith and some of the kids looks pretty strong to me. Another striker / winger would be great but it then becomes difficult to keep everyone happy - Laity is a great example. He’d be a perfect “spare” but quality players expect game time.
Still not sold on Smith, but recent performances suggest that he might be training on.
From what little we’ve seen of Fuller, he looked a bit lightweight to me, but he does have lovely hair, so I’m prepared to postpone judgement.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Sep 2022, 22:35

YeltzDoc wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 21:50

From what little we’ve seen of Fuller, he looked a bit lightweight to me, but he does have lovely hair, so I’m prepared to postpone judgement.
From someone who has sported fine manes upon head ( yes I remember it) and now upon chin, I'm sure he will be touched by your compliment. As someone now almost devoid of it I could not pass comment.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Sep 2022, 23:27

He’s got a sort of “non-league Johnny Depp” thing going on.
I applaud it.