Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Loughborough Dynamo Update

Post by Johnny Bud » 06 Sep 2022, 21:35

MOTM: Cobourne

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Sep 2022, 21:40

I swear that 2nd half was 3 hours long!!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 06 Sep 2022, 21:43

For all it was tense, it's hard to think of any saves Platty had to make or chances they had.

Also, nearly 900 on a Tuesday night the day before the schools gio back? Ludicrous.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Sep 2022, 21:47

Poll wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:05
andy wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 20:07
I can hold it back no longer. The demolition of Khalsa and now this.
WE'RE GONNA PISS THIS LEAGUE!😁
Not saying I’m blaming Andy for this comeback, but … 😀
The consensus in the Valencia branch is also that Brother Avery is responsible for everyone’s hypertension.

800 pints of Mild for the faithful on Saturday should atone.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Sep 2022, 22:02

fairweatherfan wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:43
For all it was tense, it's hard to think of any saves Platty had to make or chances they had.

Also, nearly 900 on a Tuesday night the day before the schools gio back? Ludicrous.
Not testing saves, no. Id have to add, we didnt look panicked or nervous either. Frustrated possibly, but again as a unit they all pitched in, defensively. It wasnt all Loughborough, but certainly they had the momentum second half and it felt like we'd clear the ball, only for it to come back again. But to a man, everyone put a shift in.

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 06 Sep 2022, 22:13

Jeeze, I’m knackered after watching that.

First 25 minutes was a procession, absolutely incredible, then the pen woke them up.

Toughest team we’ve played this season by a mile imo, a real test once they scored. Jack going off stifled us and they grew in belief. I saw shades of last seasons soft underbelly appearing but we overcame it and did what had to be done, some very intelligent play at the back and hard work all over.

Disappointed their gobby lard arse of a keeper declined my offer of a home made brownie as he came off, more for me.

We roll on!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Sep 2022, 22:18

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:47
Poll wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:05
andy wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 20:07
I can hold it back no longer. The demolition of Khalsa and now this.
WE'RE GONNA PISS THIS LEAGUE!😁
Not saying I’m blaming Andy for this comeback, but … 😀
The consensus in the Valencia branch is also that Brother Avery is responsible for everyone’s hypertension.

800 pints of Mild for the faithful on Saturday should atone.
To be fair I'm sticking by it. They were a decent side right from the off but we were so on it in the first half we blew them away. Second half we never retained the ball as well and they got their tails up. They really chased the game and could easily have got something from the game. I going to stick my neck out again and say already I don't think we'll face much better than that, and I feel there is even more from us to come. Well done lads. Onwards!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 06 Sep 2022, 22:42

Northern Premier League Midlands – Tuesday, 6th September 2022

Halesowen Town 3 Loughborough Dynamo 2

Top of the table Halesowen maintained their 100% start to the league season in a highly entertaining five-goal thriller against second placed Loughborough, writes DJ.

Manager Paul Smith felt it was a strange game in many ways. “We were scintillating for 35 minutes and cruising at 3-0, playing some great stuff. But giving away a penalty gave Loughborough a glimmer of hope. We then retracted a little and it was a more even second-half. We made problems for ourselves, but the main thing is it’s another three points.”

Loughborough were yet to concede away from home but were soon sent reeling by a blistering opening spell as Halesowen took an early three goal.

The Yeltz made a confident start to earn two corners within the first five minutes. Lively Jack Holmes then played the ball across for Richard Gregory to fire just wide in the 8th minute and in continued pressure, a 10th minute shot from Holmes flashed across the Loughborough goal. Just a minute later a cross from James Insall was cut out by visiting goalkeeper Lewis King.

Loughborough went close in the 12th minute when Jack Oldham pumped the ball back into the home penalty area from a corner and the ball just evaded Kevin da Silva Bastos in front of goal.

Halesowen then went ahead through a brilliant 14th minute goal from leading scorer Simeon Cobourne. Holmes played the ball out to Insall and he found COBOURNE, who flicked the ball over the last defender and smashed home a low shot from a wide angle.

GREGORY soon doubled the home lead in the 18th minute with his shot beating King from the edge of the area following another good move.

The Moes went close when Jack Oldham’s 21st minute free-kick was turned away and Dan Platt lost the following corner but Josh Quaynor cleared off the line after a scramble. In the non-stop action, Gregory’s 22nd minute overhead kick fell wide and another Gregory effort was just wide six minutes later as the visiting defence opened up.

COBOURNE made it 3-0 with his 8th goal of the season after just 31 minutes when he robbed a defender and his resulting shot squirmed away from King to trickle into the net. The Moes pulled a 35th minute goal back when Princewill Ogunmekan was tripped by Kieran Morris and DA SILVA BASTOS beat Platt from the penalty spot.

Halesowen forced two corners at the start of the second half and Gregory’s fierce 52nd minute shot was well saved by King. But the Moes made it 3-2 when a 58th minute corner was headed high up into the air by the home defence and with Platt failing to gather, the ball fell for new signing Luke McGINNELL to fire home in front of goal to set up a nervy last half hour.

The Yeltz went close to increasing the lead further in the 61st minute when Nathan Hayward’s header bounced up over the bar from a corner and a Holmes burst forward only to see his shot beaten away by King a minute later. Morris headed over the bar from Quaynor’s 80th minute corner and substitute Richard Smith scuffed an 81st minute shot at King.

Late on, Platt collected from Ogunmekan but the Yeltz held onto the lead and saw the game out, introducing Rob Evans to make a five-man back-line for the final few minutes.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Tom Turton, Kieran Morris (c), Nat Kelly, Jack Holmes (Brad Birch 64), Nathan Hayward, Jamie Insall (Rob Evans 85), Richard Gregory (Richard Smith 79), Simeon Cobourne. Subs Not Used: McKauley Manning, Matt Funge.

Loughborough Dynamo: Lewis King; Luke Thorogood, Jake Finnerty, Luke McGinnell, Robbie McNicholas, Edward Cook, Kevin Da Silva Bastos, Robert Norris (c), Isaac Stones (James Tague 65), Jack Oldham (Aaron Cole 83), Princewill Ogunmekan. Subs Not Used: Byron Musgrove.

Referee: Richard Walker Attendance: 887
Booked: Morris (34)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Andy, Amy and Benjamin Crampton: Simeon Cobourne

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 06 Sep 2022, 22:54

It was a very entertaining game and a good one to win. I think they started to handle Cobourne better in the second half after his outstanding first half. Their number 7 was tricky throughout and noticeably they looked to get it forward down the channels very quickly.

The game was probably a bit too open in the second half, but it made it more end to end.

With the chances we had, we should have been home and dry , and at 3-2 they did have two good chances that just missed the target. Their goals came from our mistakes and generally the defence held firm and I thought Kelly played very well.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Sep 2022, 07:56

We keep hearing “ better squad last year” but last night was the sort of game we would have drawn or lost last year