Loughborough Dynamo Update

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Loughborough Dynamo Update

Post by VanessaYeltz » 07 Sep 2022, 08:10

old git wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 07:56
We keep hearing “ better squad last year” but last night was the sort of game we would have drawn or lost last year
Far more mentally tough and a lot better organised

We faced a real storm last night and battled through it, the communication was immense.

How many other teams at this level could bring on a player of Evo’s quality to shore a game up? I was a big fan of McCone, but him leaving has had the opposite effect at the back to what I imagined. The full backs were immense too, which was a massive weak spot imo last season.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Sep 2022, 09:03

Interesting that one. I had the thought midway through the game, of all the players that left in the last year, would you bring any back, at the expense of the current team.

I couldnt think of anyone if I'm honest. I like that they work for each other as opposed to being "stars". And no shortage of skill either.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Sep 2022, 10:03

drummyb wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 09:03
Interesting that one. I had the thought midway through the game, of all the players that left in the last year, would you bring any back, at the expense of the current team.

I couldnt think of anyone if I'm honest. I like that they work for each other as opposed to being "stars". And no shortage of skill either.
Nail on head there. And the added ‘problem’ is where do you fit in last years player of the season mini Mac ?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Sep 2022, 14:21

fairweatherfan wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:43

Also, nearly 900 on a Tuesday night the day before the schools gio back? Ludicrous.
The SIX other games in our division that announced attendances totalled just 30 more than ours!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 07 Sep 2022, 19:37

First 30 mins the team really showed what they are about. We played some great stuff and was a joy to watch.
Didnt really see the penalty but no one seemed to complain but I thought a booking was a bit harsh.

Second half we never really got going but credit to Loughborough who really gave it a go.
I could see the logic behind replacing Holmes with Birch but the latter never really got into the game and that seemed to cause us more problems.
Credit to the lads though as despite their pressure I cant recall Platt making a save.

First half I though Kelly was superb and Jack was finding pockets of room from which to get us going forward

Credit to Loughborough for the way they played, it was a clean fair and very entertaining game.

As has been said that was a very good test and the way we came through bodes well for the coming months

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 07 Sep 2022, 20:35

The first thirty minutes, I thought, were the best I've seen Halesowen play at home, so far. Good luck to Paul Smith sorting out where Macauley Manning fits into the eleven and Rob Evans?
Last night showed, to me, what we were missing last season with the tactical nous of changing shape to see out the win.
So credit to the manager as it's easy to criticise when we're drawing and losing yet sparing on the congratulations when we're winning. I know that it's ultimately the players that get the results but credit to the management team aswell thus far.
Here's to the next victories........👍🏼