Khalsa Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Khalsa Updates

Post by piearce9 » 29 Aug 2022, 20:10

Also the ref’s name seems a little familiar - I was listening to hear if there was any shrieking from his changing room at half time.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 29 Aug 2022, 20:17

Exceptional defensively today and that was one of the main concerns for many. Keep it up. Going forward today was pretty easy with their high line but thought we played some good short stuff as well as the so called long ball. It's a far better 5 from 5 in the league than last seasons but nothing is won in August!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 29 Aug 2022, 21:21

Got to say defensively we were superb 5-0 flattered us, they had lots of possession particularly 1st half but we were ruthless. Kieran Morris again superb, Jamie Insall totally unselfish and laid 2 on a plate for Sim.
Exciting times 3 points clear at the top and in my opinion although played well still not got in to top gear yet.
Please everyone get behind the team, in the near distant future if we do lose a game let’s not dissect a game and criticise like it’s the end of the world, we all want the same thing, let’s encourage a chant the team to stay top and get this club to were it should be !
Only saying this as there seems to be more comments on the forum when we lose which shouldn’t be the case.
Top away day, loved talking to lots of different Yeltz folk today.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Aug 2022, 22:03

A great win, the final result perhaps a little flattering and I was a little shocked to see Khalsa play into our hands by leaving so much space in behind by defending so high up the pitch, I guess when they went 0-1 down they had to try and be brave to get back into the game but we certainly punished them. In contrast to Saturday just gone, we had lots of chances but seemed to make poor decisions or finish poorly, today we hit the target with every shot we had. Defensively we were excellent too. I've been really been impressed with Ezewele and if we do a player of the month for August it's hard not to look past Kieran Morris who as been superb and fully justifying having one of the leadership roles.

As an aside, great to see such a good following today on the road again. Up the Yeltz.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

markb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by markb » 29 Aug 2022, 22:40

Some posters are noticeably absent after the last couple of games

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Aug 2022, 23:03

markb wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 22:40
Some posters are noticeably absent after the last couple of games
I suppose the time in between the 12 posts you have made wouldnt count as absences too?? ;D ;) ...I am joking so dont take offense!!!

Its an interesting one. I was amazed by the low posts after St Neots. 2 pages and I thought there were lots of talking points in that game.

I get Dazza's point, but folks will always grumble. The old bad news sells etc etc. Personally, Im over the moon we're doing so well, in the opposite way I was royally peed off after Romulus. Was at work today so cant comment on the match, but I do feel that this team works for each other in a way we havent seen in Paul's tenure before. Perhaps not as much flair as the first season, but by god they graft. Ill happily be beat if a team gives its all. Im sure most will, and at some point we will lose. The test will be how we bounce back. I have a feeling this year we will.