Re: St Neots Updates

Post by Noggin » 27 Aug 2022, 17:28

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 27 Aug 2022, 17:44

piearce9 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:20
Nice comfortable win to keep the momentum building.

I’m very pleased with how early we seem to have settled on a system and preferred line-up. I don’t think many will disagree that is our strongest set-up today and I kinda feel we just need to keep on going for as long as possible.
Agree that its good we have a settled line up so far.
However dont think Manning is too far away from a return but who would drop out for him to come in as I feel he is a vital player for us?
These are the sort of problems the gaffer needs ;D

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 27 Aug 2022, 17:46

A comfortable win and we should've scored more. I think saying 8 or 9 nil though is a bit optimistic. They had some very good chances at 0-2 but over-elaborated like us.

We were good going forward but rather wasteful at times
I don't think the defence got enough protection at times. There are better teams than St Neots that could have made us rue the chances we missed.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2022, 17:47

Strange game to sum up. I don't think I've ever seen as many chances squandered as in the first half, but thankfully we went in leading. Second half, even though we weren't hanging on as such, it had that feeling of one of their chances going in and making it a difficult end for us. But that reckoned without MOTM Jack. Another wonder strike to cap his performance. Very happy for him as his all round play is now as beneficial to us as his match changing qualities. All in all a good day and I feel there is still a lot more from us to come. Well done lads.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 27 Aug 2022, 17:48

Very strange game today. We created chance after chance which was the pleasing thing but think our forwards had their boots on the wrong feet!!!!
Second half was as though we knew we had won so it was just saying to them what can you do> Credit to them though they kept going and in fairness had a few good chances.
A cracking goal from Holmes to round it off. No-one seemed to celebrate I looked at the ref and linesman thinking it was ruled out for some reason.

Still another win though, keep the momentum going. No injuries it appeared? ( I presume Ezwele is now injured?) and onto what will I think be our stiffest test yet on Monday

GreySquirrel
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GreySquirrel » 27 Aug 2022, 17:53

juanillo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:46
A comfortable win and we should've scored more. I think saying 8 or 9 nil though is a bit optimistic. They had some very good chances at 0-2 but over-elaborated like us.

I don't think the defence got enough protection at times. There are better teams than St Neots that could have made us rue the chances we missed.
Perfect summary as seen through my own eyes also.
Thanks for coming!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2022, 18:11

Rich wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:44
piearce9 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:20
Nice comfortable win to keep the momentum building.

I’m very pleased with how early we seem to have settled on a system and preferred line-up. I don’t think many will disagree that is our strongest set-up today and I kinda feel we just need to keep on going for as long as possible.
Agree that its good we have a settled line up so far.
However dont think Manning is too far away from a return but who would drop out for him to come in as I feel he is a vital player for us?
These are the sort of problems the gaffer needs ;D
That's a really good question. Playing the formation we did today limits the opportunities for the 5 midfielders who would currently demand a place. I wouldn't like us to sacrifice any of our 3 attacking players to open up a 4th midfield slot at the moment. But different opposition's will require different formations I would guess, and at times we may revert to a back 3/5 which could then have them all play. Whoever doesn't get starting places could be revolved and gives us good options off the bench then, which currently isn't that strong. Great problem for the gaffer as you say. But all this reckons without injuries which unfortunately will surely come. And after all that waffle, I would HAVE to squeeze Manning into the starting line up somewhere!😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 27 Aug 2022, 18:11

juanillo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:46

But we could have been leading at least 4 or 5-0 at half time, if we'd have taken all our chances. Would you have bet on us not scoring more, in that position? Its irrelevant in any case, because we didnt and Im talking best case scenario...which is optimistic ;)

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 27 Aug 2022, 18:57

DJ's match report:
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ---report/

Attendance: 874 Referee: Tom Wall
Booked: Holmes (50), Morris (64), Quaynor (74)

'Tulleys Print' HTFC Man of the Match selected by Darren, Dale and Aiden Jackson: Jack Holmes

Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Kieran Morris