drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by drummyb » 22 Aug 2022, 18:13

TractionJackson wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2022, 17:50
drummyb wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2022, 15:39
Sometimes I wish we were crap again. It was easier and there was no expectation. Then the flybynight fans would bugger off 😁
Had time to think about this now. A better solution would be for Albion and Blues to become good again. The net result would be the same without compromising the Yeltz record.
Not sure we drag many Blunoses in. Of course, im being devils advocate in a way. Its great crowds are coming, but it also brings problems, that wouldnt have happened 4 years ago....its the expectation etc etc

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 23 Aug 2022, 10:33

21 Aug 2022, 08:44
I was curious to see what the two young lads would do, and in fairness, Paul gave them some playing time. But it was clear after 20 minutes, we had nothing up top, to really threaten them. On paper we should have had enough, but they bullied us far too easily, especially players with more experience.
I cant beleive we're having the same conversations three games in. Ive gone from being angry, to feeling let down.
Losing 8-2 at Spennymoor, we put up more fight a few years ago.

And to cheer me up, Ive gotta take the missus shopping. A process thats longer than the formation of the planet. FML
He only played Funge, he didn't give Morris a chance. All of a sudden the pathway for the young lads who have came through has suddenly stopped. From what i saw saturday they can't do any worse.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Aug 2022, 11:25

GaryJ wrote: ↑
23 Aug 2022, 10:33
I was curious to see what the two young lads would do, and in fairness, Paul gave them some playing time. But it was clear after 20 minutes, we had nothing up top, to really threaten them. On paper we should have had enough, but they bullied us far too easily, especially players with more experience.
I cant beleive we're having the same conversations three games in. Ive gone from being angry, to feeling let down.

And to cheer me up, Ive gotta take the missus shopping. A process thats longer than the formation of the planet. FML
He only played Funge, he didn't give Morris a chance. All of a sudden the pathway for the young lads who have came through has suddenly stopped. From what i saw saturday they can't do any worse.
Funge, Morris, and Dudley-Toole have had game time in the first three games. Not sure that justifies saying the pathway is closed?

Furthermore, (touch wood) if Platty suffered an injury, or suspension, Whitehouse, you'd think, would step in.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 24 Aug 2022, 16:12

AwayDayYeltz wrote: ↑
23 Aug 2022, 11:25
GaryJ wrote: ↑
23 Aug 2022, 10:33

Funge, Morris, and Dudley-Toole have had game time in the first three games. Not sure that justifies saying the pathway is closed?

Furthermore, (touch wood) if Platty suffered an injury, or suspension, Whitehouse, you'd think, would step in.
Morris and Dudley Toole haven't featured in any league games or FA Cup, not sure what game you have seen them have. So like i say the pathway to actually getting game time is limited if not closed.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 24 Aug 2022, 19:14

Who would they play instead of. Surely it was always going to be a case of them gaining experience by being around the squad. Turton and Hayward are always going to be first choice in midfield, Birch is now available and there is still Manning to come back from injury. Dudley-Toole may have the best chance as can't see Evans not picking up an injury at some point

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Aug 2022, 20:02

Simons wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2022, 19:14
Who would they play instead of. Surely it was always going to be a case of them gaining experience by being around the squad. Turton and Hayward are always going to be first choice in midfield, Birch is now available and there is still Manning to come back from injury. Dudley-Toole may have the best chance as can't see Evans not picking up an injury at some point
That exactly. Injury cover etc etc. Theyre never going to command a first team place immediately unless theyre outstanding. Its all part of the learning curve.