Romulus Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by KenR » 20 Aug 2022, 21:43

YELTZ 7 We lost to what was practically a non league park side, lost a lot of finance in the process and though we should have quite comfortably, didn't win the league.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2022, 22:06

Dazzie76 wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 16:15
Romulus lost at home to bewdley Town last week.
That probably sums up how good Romulus actually are. And if that's the case then well done to them for making us look like mugs.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Aug 2022, 22:09

Yeltz7 wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 21:32
League is the most important got to get back to a higher level of play.

just curious when was the last time we got knocked out in the PRELIMINARY ROUND of the fa cup must be some years ago.
I was determined not to say anymore tonight....but we said this last year. Then we got knocked out the Trophy, then we dropped off the top, then we lost in the playoffs.

Confidence is key and winning breeds it. Ill look for an immediate turn around on Tuesday. Not another immediate dip, like last year and not another unforgiveable performance this side of 2024.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz7 » 20 Aug 2022, 22:11

KenR wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 21:43
YELTZ 7 We lost to what was practically a non league park side, lost a lot of finance in the process and though we should have quite comfortably, didn't win the league.
Yep i agree but a few years ago we did the same to teams to reach an FA Trophy semi final its cup football.Come April and May IF we win the league like we should this result will be forgotten.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2022, 22:17

Yeltz7 wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 22:11
KenR wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 21:43
Yep i agree but a few years ago we did the same to teams to reach an FA Trophy semi final its cup football.Come April and May IF we win the league like we should this result will be forgotten.
Yeltz7, I so hope today is a one off for this season, or talk of winning the league is nothing but a fantasy.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 20 Aug 2022, 22:22

YELTZ7 we beat maidenhead, Halifax and Barnet because we were the better side and deserved to do so. We also had some very good players and a settled side. It was no fluke , we played well unlike the Handsworth, Spalding, Loughborough and many other sides last season , and from what I hear today, we were appalling. And what have most of those matches in common - Claudio Ranerier must have taken charge with team selection.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Aug 2022, 08:04

The selection wasn't the problem. We made minimal changes to the lineup that was so good against better opposition.

How many fans criticised the starting XI at 14:30? Not many, I imagine. If anything, I was quite pleased, as I expected more changes.

To a man Romulus wanted it more than us. They were first to evey second ball, put more effort in, and fought a lot harder than we did. I've never seen a Yeltz side back out of as many challenges, or shirk so many battles, as those lot did yesterday. Dare I use the word embarrassing? A 3-0 defeat flatters us, it could have been a lot more. The attitude of our players cost us the game - not the selection.

I've not been going as long as Andy has, but I can only echo his comments - I'm struggling to think of a poorer performance, especially given the circumstance of the tie (the FA Cup is important. Not only is it prestigious, it generates much needed income), the level of opposition, and the supposed quality of our team.

I've no idea of budget, and I believe Karen and Keith are far too sensible to assume a budget on the idea we'll progress in the FA Cup, but I'm pretty sure this early exit will tighten the pursestrings, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the squad trimmed.

It makes a difficult task of promotion that much harder.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Aug 2022, 08:44

I was curious to see what the two young lads would do, and in fairness, Paul gave them some playing time. But it was clear after 20 minutes, we had nothing up top, to really threaten them. On paper we should have had enough, but they bullied us far too easily, especially players with more experience.
I cant beleive we're having the same conversations three games in. Ive gone from being angry, to feeling let down.
Losing 8-2 at Spennymoor, we put up more fight a few years ago.

And to cheer me up, Ive gotta take the missus shopping. A process thats longer than the formation of the planet. FML

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 21 Aug 2022, 09:35

drummyb wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 22:09
Yeltz7 wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 21:32
League is the most important got to get back to a higher level of play.

just curious when was the last time we got knocked out in the PRELIMINARY ROUND of the fa cup must be some years ago.
I was determined not to say anymore tonight....but we said this last year. Then we got knocked out the Trophy, then we dropped off the top, then we lost in the playoffs.

Confidence is key and winning breeds it. Ill look for an immediate turn around on Tuesday. Not another immediate dip, like last year and not another unforgiveable performance this side of 2024.
Also worth remembering how insipid we were against Cambridge in the second season that didn't finish. All well and good not getting distracted by a cup run, but feels uncomfortably similar to last year. Hopefully just a blip. Gresley are big, strong, and organised but lacking a bit of quality from what I saw at Coleshill last week, so potentially a good test after yesterday.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 21 Aug 2022, 10:51

Didnt go yesterday so hard to comment but not to fussed about going out the cup (obviously I want us to win every game) but disappointed about the apparent lack of effort.
The sole aim for me this season is to see us get promoted and hopefully this will be a wake up call for some guys and more importantly shown Paul a lot about the attitude and ability of some of the guys.
That team is one I feel we would be happy to see put out as a starting XI most game so no excuses on that front.
Role on Tuesday when hopefully the players will come home with 3 points (sadly away in Belfast so cant go) and I look forward to a rousing home display next Saturday