Romulus Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by KenR » 20 Aug 2022, 17:13

as expected , Paul had to piss about with the selection again just like Handsworth and Spalding last season. We lost both so why does nt he learn . I did nt go today , thank goodness , but take it that Evo went off injured but why replace him with Rich Smith ? I don't like to openly slag players off, but has n't Paul seen enough of Rich to know that he is n't upto standard , and in my opinion, never will be. The starting team should have been our strongest, secured victory, and then made changes. Bitterly disappointed again and the lack of revenue from a good cup run maybe significant.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Aug 2022, 17:37

Suffice to say, any more performances like that wont wash this year. After the last two games, where you think, we've started to turn a corner we get presented with THAT, second rate shit, to a bunch of cnuts in shitehole area.
I do get the thinking, I do, especially with Tuesday in mind. But a cup run generates money. So thats one down now. And I think we have to play the best team, every game.
And as a further point, its ridiculous our support feel the need to groan at the officials constantly. They werent the reason we lost, despite how crap they were.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 20 Aug 2022, 17:51

KenR wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 17:13
as expected , Paul had to piss about with the selection again just like Handsworth and Spalding last season. We lost both so why does nt he learn . I did nt go today , thank goodness , but take it that Evo went off injured but why replace him with Rich Smith ? I don't like to openly slag players off, but has n't Paul seen enough of Rich to know that he is n't upto standard , and in my opinion, never will be. The starting team should have been our strongest, secured victory, and then made changes. Bitterly disappointed again and the lack of revenue from a good cup run maybe significant.
The problem Ken with that analysis is that our 'strongest defense ' in the first half were unable to handle their forwards especially the long throw which caused repeated defensive panic. Second half with our first choice strikers, worked their keeper less than in the first 45 mins. Too many individuals whether first choice or otherwise losing their individual battles today across the 90 mins.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 20 Aug 2022, 18:00

SEAMUS I'll stand by
by what I said . Paul messes about with team selection. too much. Look at the side he picked for Concord in the trophy SEMI-FINAL . IF you were on the bench how would you relish coming on against side with their tails up and winning 3 - 0.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Aug 2022, 18:01

In fairness, with the changes at half time, its a forgone conclusion, so we were never going to pull it back. It strikes me thay Romulus wanted it more. First to every ball, every time. We just looked half arsed in the first half. That was the difference....and the fact that when we did go forward, it broke down. Cant blame the kids for that, but thats inexperience. I didnt hear anyone talking on the field either or encouraging anyone.

I think it was about 30 minutes in before we got a corner.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Aug 2022, 18:20

Genuinely a sickening result and extremely damaging to the club.

I know football’s football but our departure from the cup this early will leave a big hole in the playing budget for the rest of the season.

Sounds as though the players skulked off at the end too, which is one of the things I just cannot stand.

A dismal day all round.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2022, 18:36

Utterly shocking. It felt to me that we didn't seem to think we needed to turn up today. Romulus were never three goals better than us but I'm glad that was the score. It may mean more rockets get fired up more arses because of we were awful. The ref gave them the first goal, never a penalty, and very poor defending gave them the other two. Yet even then I thought we would win because Romulus really had nothing. So they then put 11 men behind the ball for over an hour and we never had a clue what to do. Time after time we'd piss around with it in front of them for about 5 minutes, lose it, they'd hoof it back into our half and we'd have another try. When they did decide to break out of their own half we looked like we could concede more. Probably one of the worst Town performances I have ever seen.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 20 Aug 2022, 19:58

I don't like to criticise players who are not professionals, but today, oh dear, oh dear! Woeful absolutely WOEFUL!!!!
I can't remember one Halesowen player having a good game and it's not very often, if ever, I can say that but today was one of those!
We move on..................😬hopefully?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Aug 2022, 20:12

Yeah. But how many times do we have to keep saying that? Its only the 3rd game in and we're on about moving on again.

As I said, it wont keep washing this season, after last. Still bloody livid.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz7 » 20 Aug 2022, 21:32

League is the most important got to get back to a higher level of play.

just curious when was the last time we got knocked out in the PRELIMINARY ROUND of the fa cup must be some years ago.