Leamington Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leamington Updates

Post by Jefftoad76 » 23 Jul 2022, 18:50

Thought the midfield looked poor today too many touches and looked too deep and lightweight up top aswel apart from sims pace not alot of threat

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 23 Jul 2022, 19:01

I think it was always going to be a big ask to not come out flat after Thursday nights disappointment (that goes for the crowd too) but second half things warmed up a bit at least.

DDT seems like a decent player.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Jul 2022, 19:18

On your last point I, and a few others, would tend to disagree.
Not good enough to be honest.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 23 Jul 2022, 19:28

Seemed very much like 'after the Lord Mayor's Show both on the pitch and the crowd

Have to remember it was another game against higher opposition and with plenty of changes to the team.
Thought the back 4 looked solid and with Kelly also to come in think we will be hard to break down this season.
Agree the midfield looked weak but without Turton holding and Manning's runs it was expected.
Not sure yet we have found Insall's best role but against our league opposition I think he will be much more of a handful
Concern is how long can Colbourne stay fit for?? Seems to need the trainer at least twice a game!!

Funge looked to get stuck in but thought Morris and Toole looked off the pace. Smith showed some good touches but think he reacts to situations rather than seeing them to gain an advantage

Still feeling good though about this season

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 24 Jul 2022, 08:19

Rich wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 19:28
Seemed very much like 'after the Lord Mayor's Show both on the pitch and the crowd

Have to remember it was another game against higher opposition and with plenty of changes to the team.
Thought the back 4 looked solid and with Kelly also to come in think we will be hard to break down this season.
Agree the midfield looked weak but without Turton holding and Manning's runs it was expected.
Not sure yet we have found Insall's best role but against our league opposition I think he will be much more of a handful
Concern is how long can Colbourne stay fit for?? Seems to need the trainer at least twice a game!!

Funge looked to get stuck in but thought Morris and Toole looked off the pace. Smith showed some good touches but think he reacts to situations rather than seeing them to gain an advantage

Thought Morris looked off the pace? Not according to the twitter comments everyone must be wrong. Thought he grew into the game especially second half, his positional play was quality and especially against 2 leagues above. Not sure what you were watching. If anyone was off the pace was Ahmed, not good enough.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 24 Jul 2022, 09:14

GaryJ wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 08:19
Rich wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 19:28

Thought Morris looked off the pace? Not according to the twitter comments everyone must be wrong. Thought he grew into the game especially second half, his positional play was quality and especially against 2 leagues above. Not sure what you were watching. If anyone was off the pace was Ahmed, not good enough.
He didnt have a bad game and certainly looks a good prospect for his age. Really meant his first touch was lacking at times and Gaffer was telling him a lot about his positional play.
No-one is right or wrong- we all see games differently and have our own opinions.
Ahmed maybe hasnt played all pre season ? and doesnt know new players as well so maybe an excuse there for him??

All home friendlies have been against higher opposition and these are only games Ive seen so I will reserve full judgement till the league started.

Also I dont have anything to do with Twitter so no idea or interest on there comments

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 24 Jul 2022, 11:54

Personally, for me results in pre season friendlies appear to be far too meaningful to some supporters. Primarily it’s about match fitness, and secondly experimenting. A good manager will surprise a few when you rock up to a friendly and see the centre forward at centre half. A good manager is thinking of that game in mid January when two of your central defenders are suspended and another is injured. He will know whether that centre forward could do a job if needed, not just throw him on in the hope he could. The same can be said for some of the youngsters. If he can’t do that in pre season when can he do it?

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 24 Jul 2022, 12:21

old git wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 11:54
Personally, for me results in pre season friendlies appear to be far too meaningful to some supporters. Primarily it’s about match fitness, and secondly experimenting. A good manager will surprise a few when you rock up to a friendly and see the centre forward at centre half. A good manager is thinking of that game in mid January when two of your central defenders are suspended and another is injured. He will know whether that centre forward could do a job if needed, not just throw him on in the hope he could. The same can be said for some of the youngsters. If he can’t do that in pre season when can he do it?
Couldn’t agree more with you OG. Also certain combinations of players may work well in training against familiar opponents but just don’t click in match conditions

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Jul 2022, 12:46

old git wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 11:54
Excellent post. It is exactly why I pay no attention to friendlies and never have. That said, by the last friendly I would be expecting to be see the 'season ready article.'
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 24 Jul 2022, 12:51

I’m also 100% certain that (barring injuries) Paul Smith knows, and has known for weeks, what his starting line up at Harborough is. And I’m also pretty certain that we haven’t seen that line up play yet in pre season.