Stourbr*dge Part 2

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Part 2

Post by andy » 22 Jul 2022, 13:50

Maybe it is time for our own 'policing'. Christ alive there's enough of us to do it. Instead of encouraging them by doing nothing, let's weed them out. For god's sake they're only about five and making our club look like chumps.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jul 2022, 13:58

Westyeltz wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 13:46
andy wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:27
As for Stourbr*dge, I'm not even going to go there....
Oh go on, do! ;D
[/quote]

Like yourself Westy I've been going to Stour best part of 40 years and I have no particular views on them one way or the other. They've had regular outbreaks of chavvy kids over the years and couple that with our few nappy wearers now and we have this overblown situation. Stour unfortunately though could run the proverbial piss up at that ramshackle dump and never have and that's my main beef. Spoken to many a decent Stour fan over years and they deserve better. I just hate the place.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Jul 2022, 14:05

....and, of course, BBC Midlands TV lunchtime news has to report on it!

No9Bus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by No9Bus » 22 Jul 2022, 14:39

I wasn’t there last night, so can’t comment on whether the abandonment was the right thing to do, or an over-reaction, but maybe the reporting on this and the wider embarrassment caused to both clubs, will give them the needed nudge to start to try and address this problem. As I posted after the Ilkeston game, the antics of the brats that have attached themselves to our, and some other clubs, really does pose a risk to the normally relaxed and unrestricted atmosphere we enjoy at The Grove, and most other places (and I’m sure the same goes for proper Stour fans too). We all know they aren’t actually supporters, and most probably couldn’t name half of the team they allege to follow. It doesn’t have to resemble a West Ham v Millwall style tear-up to be a disgrace, and it barely matters who started it, who threw what, who has the best stewards / ground / coloured flares, etc. This has been developing for a while, and let’s hope that some proper action now will avoid anything really serious happening. Finally, a thought for Messrs. Brookes & Clark – two true gentlemen who represent their clubs so well, and who I’m sure were proud to lend their names to the fixture (in support of worthy charities too, remember) – and hopefully are not too disappointed in what occurred.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 22 Jul 2022, 15:04

I don't think that we in B63 are entirely blame free here either, as increased numbers at home have brought an increase in the dickhead element. The best evidence is that at the home league fixture against Chasetown, their players had idiots 2,3,4 deep either side of the tunnel chanting w*anker with matching hand gestures. They had won fair and square and did not deserve that. When the tunnel gates opened they all rushed past nearly knocking one of our supporters aged 80+ off his feet.

I am by no means advocating anything like "own policing" but this lot need to grow up (or use their hormones better) else we will have an unnecessary reputation that will be difficult to dislodge.

@ADY, opportunities may be be opening for you in that now Paul McCone has moved on, some supporter's wives may have more time on their hands

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 22 Jul 2022, 16:14

andy wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 13:50
Maybe it is time for our own 'policing'. Christ alive there's enough of us to do it. Instead of encouraging them by doing nothing, let's weed them out. For god's sake they're only about five and making our club look like chumps.
'Own policing'?? Our old mate Scouse has just taken early retirement and last I spoke with him he was considering what to do to keep himself out of the pub. The recently advertised positon he'd seen as zoo keeper in the ape house at Dudley has been filled, so maybe he'd be interested in keeping the unruley chimps down The Grove in their place. I know he'd scare the s##t out of me when he's riled! ;)

Any thoughts, Big-Un??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jul 2022, 16:53

Or we could just send a note home to their mommies.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jul 2022, 16:59

Or have a jar of lollipops on the shed exit that they can choose at the end of the game if they've behaved.🍭
We could start a new topic on this!

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 22 Jul 2022, 17:31

andy wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 16:53
Keep them in detention at the end? Write 250 times “I must behave at football”?

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 22 Jul 2022, 21:25

andy wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 16:53
Be no good sending a note home to daddy. Mummy probably doesn’t know who he is.