Stourbr*dge Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Updates

Post by VanessaYeltz » 16 Jul 2022, 17:56

Good comeback from such a terrible start, especially in the conditions.

At least a Stourbr*dge fan kindly gave (threw) 20p at me towards a pint in the shed.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Jul 2022, 19:02

Allegedly damaged pipework in the Harry Rudge stand toilets.
They do carry some awful baggage with them!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Jul 2022, 19:13

The two game wonders?? I mean we have a few too but still. Its only a game.

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 16 Jul 2022, 20:21

lutleyyeltz wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 19:02
Allegedly damaged pipework in the Harry Rudge stand toilets.
They do carry some awful baggage with them!
Tbf I was less than impressed with some of ours today. Some right planks on both sides.

I love non league because the rivalry is passionate but we can shake hands and have a beer after.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 17 Jul 2022, 09:27

Must congratulate both teams for putting on such an entertaining game in those conditions.
Thought all our players put in a shift after that horror first 5 mins.
Only player a bit concerned about is Greggs- seems a yard off the pace at the moment but sure when we get 'normal' conditions he will improve.
Hayward I though put in another great performance, never stopped running from end to end all game.
Evans looked better although Mills gave him a bit of a run around first half.
Ezewele had a good game and certainly nullified Mills and looked good going forward.
Manning will cause problems for teams this season with his skills.

Those were the 4 stand out players for me today but could put an arguement in for all of them.
After the first 5 mins Stour certainly didnt look a league better than us and all I feel is looking good for a good season.

Excellent atmosphere from the crowd and over 1100 is terrific attendance.
Lets hope no trouble between the idiots and the reported damage is all the negatives from a wonderful afternoons entertainment. ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Jul 2022, 12:22

It was a real struggle to watch the match yesterday, in terms of being uncomfortablly warm, let alone playing in it. Massive credit to both sets of players. It was a watchable and competitive game, from four mins onwards!

A draw was probably a fair result. Maybe Stourbr*dge can claim they were the better side, but there's not much in it.

I think both clubs were correct to postpone Tuesdays match.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 17 Jul 2022, 12:27

Rich wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 09:27
Must congratulate both teams for putting on such an entertaining game in those conditions.
Only player a bit concerned about is Greggs- seems a yard off the pace at the moment but sure when we get 'normal' conditions he will improve.
Hayward I though put in another great performance, never stopped running from end to end all game.
Ezewele had a good game and certainly nullified Mills and looked good going forward.

Those were the 4 stand out players for me today but could put an arguement in for all of them.
After the first 5 mins Stour certainly didnt look a league better than us and all I feel is looking good for a good season.

Lets hope no trouble between the idiots and the reported damage is all the negatives from a wonderful afternoons entertainment. ;D
100% agree with all this. Thought Ezewele had Mills is his pocket second half which is some achievement as I rate Mills highly.
It’s often easy to forget, because of the emotion of a ‘derby’ match, but like it or not Stour are a league above and one of the favourites for it.
On to the next one on Thursday which will be interesting if Simeone is back because as at times the two Stour full backs looked a bit shaky.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 17 Jul 2022, 12:33

old git wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 12:27
Rich wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 09:27

100% agree with all this. Thought Ezewele had Mills is his pocket second half which is some achievement as I rate Mills highly.
It’s often easy to forget, because of the emotion of a ‘derby’ match, but like it or not Stour are a league above and one of the favourites for it.
On to the next one on Thursday which will be interesting if Simeone is back because as at times the two Stour full backs looked a bit shaky.
Absolutely made a difference. My Stour mate, who I went with, said we'd find them out, cos every attack goes to him. Sure enough Eze took him out the game. Two good teams playing football. Credit to them

nathanr999
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by nathanr999 » 17 Jul 2022, 16:18

Great fightback after some poor organisational choices in defence early on which we will need to fix. What's the deal with ASAP? We helping him get match fit? Is he cover??? Has he joined us in coaching capacity?? Was it a testimonial type thing?? Seemed an odd name on the sheet, I know he bleeds yeltz but not sure why he was there? Any information?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Jul 2022, 18:33

nathanr999 wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 16:18
Great fightback after some poor organisational choices in defence early on which we will need to fix. What's the deal with ASAP? We helping him get match fit? Is he cover??? Has he joined us in coaching capacity?? Was it a testimonial type thing?? Seemed an odd name on the sheet, I know he bleeds yeltz but not sure why he was there? Any information?
Hahahaha. Given his pace, perhaps not the most prophetic typo.
Although, a bit like when I played rugby, most of my tackles were at the later end of ASAP, as in, “I got there as quick as I could, ref”