Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Crewe.

Post by Rich » 14 Jul 2022, 20:14

GaryJ wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 14:35
Rich wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 18:39
Thought the starting 11 played really well. Was impressed with our new midfielders Turton and Hayward. Insall I can see being a real handful and his workrate was very impressive.
The center halves also looked solid.

Unlike others I was a little disappointed with the standard of the bench and feel we need it to be better to cover the starting guys.

In the end though a very good work out against good players.
Sim seems to be very injury prone so think we need cover and Gregs may be a 70 min man.

Also have to comment on how good the pitch was. Massive well done to all concerned
Thought Sim played well down the left first half. Greggs doesn't look fit and doesn't work hard enough up top for me.

What was wrong with the players that came off the bench, i thought did really considering only had 30 minutes to get into the game?
The Gaffer has always said he doesnt see them as Subs but finishers.
I didnt see that the guys who came on gave us anything like last years subs to change a game.
I know they only had about half an hour and we dont really know what the strength of the Crewe team was. Hopefully with time they gain confidence and do a good job but I just thought the gap between the 'first' 11 and the replacements was noticeable