Pre-Season Worcester City Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Pre-Season Worcester City Updates

Post by Simons » 09 Jul 2022, 20:43

I was rather surprised when Paull Smith said after the Raiders game that he wasn't looking to bring anyone else in. Usually in the first few friendlies there a some trialists given a game

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 09 Jul 2022, 20:49

Pre season or no pre season the squad built once down to 18 will be very limited to the formation we play with lack of right sided players going forward, plenty to work on but personally think we are way off at the moment. Prove me wrong please

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Jul 2022, 20:56

Simons wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 20:43
I was rather surprised when Paull Smith said after the Raiders game that he wasn't looking to bring anyone else in. Usually in the first few friendlies there a some trialists given a game
The problem is we had too many players last year. Im hoping he finds his best team early and the rest will be injury cover etc

Tranter78
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Tranter78 » 09 Jul 2022, 21:40

Best player on the pitch was Billy Shaw. Hopefully see more from the lads next week. Early days and all that 🤗

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 09 Jul 2022, 22:01

dalevillain wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 20:27
First half team:

1. Whitehouse
2. Ezewele
3. Quaynor
4. Evans
5. K. Morris
6. Dudley-Toole
7. M. Morris
8. Hayward
9. Insall
10. Gregory
11. Manning

Second half team:

Second half:

1. Whitehouse
2. Palmer
3. Quaynor
4. Brookes
5. Charlton
6. Kelly
7. Birch
8. Hayward
9. Smith
10. Funge
11. Turton

Not sure where Platt was today. Apparently Sim gone to some tournament in India.

Not sure what happened but wasn’t good enough today. It’s only pre-season so no time to go overboard but heard some people blame the heat and mixed teams as excuses which doesn’t really wash as was same for them.

Also certain players need to pipe down a bit on their comments on social media and let their football do the talking. Alright talking the talk but need to walk the walk too.

Anyway, let’s regroup and be better on Tuesday! #UpTheYeltz
Platty has a stomach bug I'm told.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Jul 2022, 08:52

Tranter78 wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 21:40
Best player on the pitch was Billy Shaw. Hopefully see more from the lads next week. Early days and all that 🤗
Imagine being Billy Shaw, not getting a look in down the Yeltz, but seeing Rich fucking Smith getting game time! Bizarre.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Jul 2022, 08:56

Paul Smith's last interview mentioned he wanted to cut some players from the squad. Let's hope he doesn't base his decision on yesterday's performance, as we'll have no squad left! ;D

Pre-season means sod all, I'm not even gonna bother reviewing yesterday, or even worrying about it. It's a fitness programme more than anything.

I do agree with Dale, players need to pipe down, until they start doing it on the pitch. It's embarrassing when you can't back up your social media chat.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Jul 2022, 09:26

Not a bad result in a way.
Sure Paul learned a lot more yesterday than had we won 3-0.
Maybe he experimented with a few things which obviously didnt work.
Was bloody hot yesterday so not helping but it must have been a very good fitness exercise.

I dont do social media but agree players should do their talking first of all on the pitch before spouting off(if thats the case) on these platforms >:(

Looking forward now to a very tough test Tuesday and my first look a some new faces.

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 12 Jul 2022, 08:44

lutleyyeltz wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 20:20
Below is a summary of today's game from a friend who is a home and away regular.

Absolutely dire today. Plainly obvious the youth players promoted to first team are out of their depth. No craft in midfield. As I've said, it looks like we're going to try and battle our way out the division, not sure that's going to be enough. Pre-season starts in earnest Tuesday.
Don't know what game you were watching. Youth players out their depth! They've only played a total of 90 minutes. The youth players were the only ones showing any effort and fitness. Funge didn't look out his depth against Worcester Raiders, he was our best striker. I think we need to look at the senior players who some didn't look fit and kept giving the ball away, especially the second half. We need to give them a chance and don't jump on their backs just because we lost.