Chasetown

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 14:22

drummyb wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 13:51
Sensible posters are always needed everywhere.
Give him time.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 14:26

drummyb wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 14:08
Westyeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 13:19
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:45
If Taylor and Rich Smith are the answer, then the wrong question is being asked.

As we look onto next season, if we're serious about challenging again, then they simply have to be shown the door. They're not the quality needed in order to win the league, or even compete in the play offs. We must sign better players to complement Sim and Greg's, should they stay.

As it stands, I'm not sure who will stay and who will go. I suspect it could be quite a busy summer.

Players I'd do all I can to keep are limited;

Platt
McCone (despite his superplex antics)
Kelly
Evo (I suspect he will leave).
Manning
Bunn
Holmes

Add Gregory, if you can guarantee fitness. The rest I wouldn't be saddened to see go, they're either not good enough, too inconsistent or go missing far too often.

Although the effort on Tuesday was outstanding, and nothing was left on the pitch, all too often the opposition have wanted it more, out fought us, and had more desire than us. Paul Smith must build a team of players that do the aforementioned better than the opponent every week, not just when it suits. This current squad has the ability, but not the desire over the course of the season, unfortunately.

A lot of work ahead.
That's it then?!! Maybe Paul Smith should make you his new Assistant Head Coach? ;)
But he does have a good point about a hard core of players...Id also add Finn, Greggs and Cobourne to that. Ali possibly, but I suspect he'll want first team football. Didnt really see enough of White to say, but everyone else raves about him.
Its not a lot really from the squad we have. I wholly beleive we need a settled consistent team, with subs who back them, rather than rotating due to the opposition.

Kelly is a very good player, likewise Evo. Evo hasnt been the player he can be since his knock and Kelly has looked shaky recently. I dunno if confidence went or not.

All I say in relation to the gaffer, re confidence, is that he truly backs his players up, when they are getting criticised. Im not sure, after poor games, bringing them to the Eddy to be moaned at helps, if I understand that correctly. Brilliant in one way for building relations, but not so good if confidence is low.

But its all about opinions.

If there are jobs going, can I be drinks bottle filler?
I'm sure what fans say to players face-to-face or what they see from us on social media is nothing compared to what's said in the dressing room.

You could be right, but I'm not sure a Yeltz player is going to lose confidence because a drunken idiot, like me, thinks they've had a poor game, or not quite good enough for the team. If that kinda thing affects a player, I'd suggest they hang their boots up. They're in the wrong game.

We're a relatively well supported, positive and encouraging fan base. I see and hear much worse said towards players of other teams and their fan base.

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 14:33

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 14:22
drummyb wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 13:51
Sensible posters are always needed everywhere.
Give him time.
;D

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Apr 2022, 15:55

drummyb wrote:
Ali possibly, but I suspect he'll want first team football.
Ahmed Ali left the ground before I did on Tuesday night. Never seen the guy move so quickly.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 17:09

piearce9 wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 15:55
drummyb wrote:
Ali possibly, but I suspect he'll want first team football.
Ahmed Ali left the ground before I did on Tuesday night. Never seen the guy move so quickly.
I like Ali, and if he can be here full time, then I'd like him to stay. But he's away far too often (on International duty and in Abu Dhabi for work, I believe?).

Obviously that can't be helped, and I certainly don't begrudge him, but I'd rather use the budget towards someone who can commit fully to us.

It's similar to Gergory. Without doubt our best player when fit. Just look at how many goals he scored since he came back from injury. However, over the last two years, he's seldom been fully fit. Can we afford such a luxury? I really like the guy as a chap, but again, I'd rather see his wages (which I'm guessing is a decent chunk of our budget) spent more wisely.

It's a time to be brutal, and these are tough decisions. I don't envy Paul whatsoever.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Apr 2022, 18:03

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 14:26
drummyb wrote:
Westyeltz wrote:

That's it then?!! Maybe Paul Smith should make you his new Assistant Head Coach? ;)
But he does have a good point about a hard core of players...Id also add Finn, Greggs and Cobourne to that. Ali possibly, but I suspect he'll want first team football. Didnt really see enough of White to say, but everyone else raves about him.
Its not a lot really from the squad we have. I wholly beleive we need a settled consistent team, with subs who back them, rather than rotating due to the opposition.

Kelly is a very good player, likewise Evo. Evo hasnt been the player he can be since his knock and Kelly has looked shaky recently. I dunno if confidence went or not.

All I say in relation to the gaffer, re confidence, is that he truly backs his players up, when they are getting criticised. Im not sure, after poor games, bringing them to the Eddy to be moaned at helps, if I understand that correctly. Brilliant in one way for building relations, but not so good if confidence is low.

But its all about opinions.

I'm sure what fans say to players face-to-face or what they see from us on social media is nothing compared to what's said in the dressing room.

You could be right, but I'm not sure a Yeltz player is going to lose confidence because a drunken idiot, like me, thinks they've had a poor game, or not quite good enough for the team. If that kinda thing affects a player, I'd suggest they hang their boots up. They're in the wrong game.

We're a relatively well supported, positive and encouraging fan base. I see and hear much worse said towards players of other teams and their fan base.
I get what your saying bud. But in my mind, if youre having a shit day, do you need to be told youre having a shit day? Would you want it at work? I like the fact that they mix with fans on one hand, on the other I think there should be some degree of seperation. Just my opinion. Not saying its right.

I can only read the Fakebook page, which doesnt have a lot of activity, not sure whats said on Twatter about who and why. And my life is much simpler that way :-D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 19:07

drummyb wrote:
Westyeltz wrote:
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:45

No. That's my job ;)

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 28 Apr 2022, 19:20

I would like to see Morris stay also after his performances the last few weeks. He had a shaky start but settled down and the back 3 of Morris, Kelly , McCone with Platty in goal would be a good defense I would like to see next season

HowleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by HowleyYeltz » 28 Apr 2022, 19:44

Can’t believe Hawkers name hasn’t been mentioned in the retain category.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Apr 2022, 20:11

Yeah. Over sight from me. Definitely keep