Chasetown

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown

Post by Simons » 28 Apr 2022, 20:45

If Paul Smith stays I am sure Ahmed will stay. He played for him at Bromsgrove, and only left after Paul had gone. He then came to us, but left when Smith got the job at Redditch. If he gets fit if would be nice to see what Jac Redhead can do, as seemed o.k in the few games he played.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Apr 2022, 21:04

For me, when we put out our best 11 it's good enough.
Platt
Evo McCone Kelly
Holmes Hawker Bunn Finn Manning
Cobourne Gregory

That side on its day should beat anybody, no question. If Gregory can't stay fit another quality forward is needed. What really needs to be addressed is consistency. Admittedly the season is long, but ultimately a consistent side is a promoted side.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 28 Apr 2022, 21:17

HowleyYeltz wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 19:44
Can’t believe Hawkers name hasn’t been mentioned in the retain category.
Yes agree
another who does the graft and gets overlooked for his contribution at times

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 28 Apr 2022, 21:19

andy wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 21:04
Platt
Evo McCone Kelly
Cobourne Gregory

That side on its day should beat anybody, no question. If Gregory can't stay fit another quality forward is needed. What really needs to be addressed is consistency. Admittedly the season is long, but ultimately a consistent side is a promoted side.
Not much wrong with that.
Only issue with Greggs is defenders know we cant play over the top for him. I believe Richard smith could be a surprise packet with a year behind him. Good in the air and has pace. Would like him to resign

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Apr 2022, 21:36

Rich wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 21:19
andy wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 21:04
Platt
Evo McCone Kelly
Cobourne Gregory

Not much wrong with that.
Only issue with Greggs is defenders know we cant play over the top for him. I believe Richard smith could be a surprise packet with a year behind him. Good in the air and has pace. Would like him to resign
Yeah I think he has had a lot of unfair criticism and agree completely. Certainly one for the future imho

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 28 Apr 2022, 21:44

I'm wondering about the three who finished the season injured, White, Redhead & Coogan, all of whom showed potential in the games I saw.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Apr 2022, 21:52

So in conclusion, we mostly agree but its all a bit puddled ;D

crossborderYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crossborderYeltz » 29 Apr 2022, 09:50

Hi - first time poster here. I've only been to a handful of games this season for various reasons - although I've been watching since the 90s. Based on just this one game I felt that:

We looked excellent when we played down the flanks with a bit of width - we don't have the right players to be effective when the ball is played long over the top - the opposition centre halves can cope fairly easily with it by and large

Keeper and centre halves are decent enough (McCone's rush of blood to the head aside!!)

But our front players finishing wasn't good enough so chances were wasted

We have some skilful players which marks us out from most of the other teams in this league, who tend to be well organised and workmanlike

But we lack bite in the middle of the park - the ball wining midfielder that can break up attacks and get us going - as a result Chasetown imposed thenselves on us and almost bullied us out of it at times. We were on the back foot for a lot of the time and to be fair to the front men they didn't get that much service overall.

I think more firepower up front and bite in the middle of the park - vital in this tough physical league - are needed for next season.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 29 Apr 2022, 09:58

Another very astute post.

When people come on and start with "first time poster on here but I've been watching the Yeltz for many years" it normally follows on that they particular admirers of PLAYER X and how well PLAYER X has played and that we'd definitely do no worse than retaining PLAYER X next season, etc etc... ;)

I think it was Connor Collins many years back who signed and the very same day had an incredibly passionate (but equally anonymous) supporter on the forum.

Anyway, ignore all that. Welcome aboard, new forum friend.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 29 Apr 2022, 12:01

As one who has watched a lot of under 21 and academy games, add Young Snape and Max Morris to that squad for next year. Both young, but more than ready. There’s a few more who aren’t far away as well. Clearly Paul Smith was correct in my opinion not to bring them in to the intense end of season games, but next season? We’ll time will tell.