Sutton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Updates

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 19:34

On the FB Ilkeston page, theyre proper worried and moaning. It wouldnt surprise me if Cheesetown snuck this at the death.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 18 Apr 2022, 19:50

Or maybe even Stamford. Their goal difference is now better than Ilkeston's

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Apr 2022, 19:57

Inspired management if so.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Apr 2022, 20:45

drummyb wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 19:57
Inspired management if so.
They've won their last 8 and since we beat them in January, they've managed 37 points out of 42. Their signings maybe made a difference!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Apr 2022, 21:21

fairweatherfan wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 19:31
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:54
Even under the John Hill days, has there ever been a poorer bench than today? Bringing on Smith and Taylor to try and win a game that could set up a last day title charge is frankly an embarrassment. How'd it come to this?

I can't overstate how poor these two players are, even considering the utter ribnish we saw under John Hill. Shambles.
Harry White getting injured didn’t help.

Straws to be clutched - we have to win two games against teams we have beaten this year and we’re up, and we probably won’t play at home where we’ve been abject at times. I agree victories don’t seem likely right now, but the darkest day and all that…

I hate football.
I hate football too. It leaves you broke financially and devastates you emotionally.

I love it.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Apr 2022, 21:26

fairweatherfan wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 19:31
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 18:54
Harry White getting injured didn’t help.
Totally agree
Sim on his own just doesnt work up front and with no Gregs we look at a loss White would have made the perfect foil for Sim
Hopefully Gregs back for the rest of the season

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 18 Apr 2022, 22:40

Well thought today was just a very flat atmosphere in the ground. Despite a healthy bank holiday attendance of 1,654, there wasn’t much singing from The Shed, and the flatness drifted onto the pitch in what felt like a proper end of the season game, which in truth it was however up until this point there was still a mathematical chance of us winning the league.

Not sure how it has come to this tbh, we haven’t been truly great for a long while in all honesty yet we always looked liked we could snatch a result from somewhere and sneak the league.

Unbelievably though as a result of us losing the game 1-1, we are now in 4th place and looking at a tough away game against Stamford, a game I don’t really fancy us in at all honesty sad to say.

We all thought there would be a team who would blow up in the play off race - many expected Ilkeston (they still might) not many expecting us, well we have blown up today and think the body language of the players and the flatness of the crowd at the end suggested it was all over.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Apr 2022, 08:01

Fortunately wasn’t in attendance yesterday but all sounds extremely disappointing. Forget morale, momentum, and all that shite - that game yesterday has done more to damage our promotion prospects than any other this season.

Losing home advantage is devastating and the thought we have to go to Stamford is even worse.

And then there’s the financial implications. I’d say that our inability to find a winner second half cost the club about £15-20k in potential revenue from the playoffs.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Apr 2022, 08:37

piearce9 wrote:
19 Apr 2022, 08:01
Fortunately wasn’t in attendance yesterday but all sounds extremely disappointing. Forget morale, momentum, and all that shite - that game yesterday has done more to damage our promotion prospects than any other this season.

Losing home advantage is devastating and the thought we have to go to Stamford is even worse.

And then there’s the financial implications. I’d say that our inability to find a winner second half cost the club about £15-20k in potential revenue from the playoffs.
Stamford still have to play Carlton and Chasetown go to Spalding, so there may yet be another twist, but for me the most concerning thing is the frequency of bad halves. As has been said elsewhere, the brutal reality is that we’re just not *that* good.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 19 Apr 2022, 09:09

Flatter than a witch's chest. I said, recently, that we should fear no-one.......now.......I just fear for ourselves.